lets meow moew install error

hello i just purchased lets meow moew. i installed it then ran it did the virtual mate thing and when i go to play it i get this error “failure to format the application. Error code 0x00070202”

my computer is windows vista.

[ 02-19-2007, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: densetsu86 ]

hello my problem is not solved at all i so far tried 4 out of the 8 games and they don’t work i have very little faith that the others will work. i have an amd athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 4200+ 2gb ram 100gb free hdd. windows vista ultimate edition.

the games do not start at all and i think this is BS. i wrote an email to jastusa yesterday and nope they didn’t respond yet. and you guys aren’t helping. what the hell kinda support system is this. ignore it and hopefully it will go away. i don’t like being swindled out of $200+

help would very much be appriciated.

A better question would be: what kind of BS OS is Windows Vista?

I haven’t heard of this kind of problem before it came out. Do consider that it could be your new shiny beta OS.

Speaking as a developer, but NOT speaking for jast, g-col, etc:

You do deserve a reply.

However, realise that the problem is almost CERTAINLY something Vista did, not something wrong in the game itself. When those games were written and released, VISTA DID NOT EXIST. Therefore, it was not POSSIBLE for the games to be tested and made compatible.

Microsoft broke your game, not PP.

Now, if the games don’t work under Vista, I’m sure that the PP people are tearing their hair out and running in circles trying to fix it, as soon as they realised the problem. However:

1. PP doesn’t have a huge programming team, afaik. They probably did not have a really early development build of Vista to test on, and didn’t realise the problem until people like you started reporting it.

2. These games are largely built on engines built by OTHER people. It may be necessary for someone in Japan somewhere to fix the problem.

Which means that while they should be making a patch, there’s NO WAY they can solve your problem in 24 hours. :slight_smile:

And yes, this is a problem with rushing to adopt a new OS as soon as it’s released. Since it has just come out, other people who make software have ALSO only just gotten the new OS - or haven’t gotten it at all. I don’t have Vista yet, and I’m starting to get customer complaints about problems running games in an operating system they weren’t written for… Not a bloody thing I can do about it!

I’m supposed to be releasing an upgraded version as soon as SOMEONE releases an upgraded engine but the release date has been pushed back week after week…

So, yeah. If you jump onto a brand-shiny-new OS, you really have to expect that there are going to be some problems for a while until the people who make the software have had TIME to build and test new versions.

i have a few bishojo games that don’t require virtual mate and they run fine. every game that requires virtual mate don’t run. so i think its virtual’s mate problem and they should have listed that virtual mate is not compatible with vista and they should be working on a new version. other than simply saying nothing and taking your money and run.

Like I said, they should definitely get in touch with you and tell you what they’re doing about the issue.

They can’t list it as not compatible with Vista if they haven’t even tested it.

Software that connects to the Internet in general can lead to problems on Vista.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. As you can probably imagine, Vista is brand new and isn’t officially supported yet. We are going to be supporting it soon, of course, and will issue updates/patches as required. Hopefully it’ll be a single patch that will solve the issue, and we’ll get working on this as soon as we can.

Densetsu, I replied to you, did you get my mail?

yes i replied back.

hey zr315513 then you are lucky. i unistalled and reinstalled in a different folder and nothing worked still. uninstalled v-mate and reinstalled it and nope too. restarted computer and nope still didn’t work. so yet again you are some how lucky.

also i forgot to mention this which may cause a greater peoblem for me. my windows vista is the 64 bit version

disable one of your CPU’s in the Affinity under Taskmanager for the Process, see if that will speed the game up. don’t have Vista (don’t personally plan on getting it any time soon until the bugs are worked out of the OS itself in SP1 or SP2) :slight_smile: If you have the game Yin - Yang (even thought the walkthrough is for XP, I don’t imagine they changed much with the TaskManager) the instructions will tell you how to disable one of the CPU’s for those of you that have dual core’s or have hyperthreading. :slight_smile:

What your talking about is the XP mode that has been added to certain versions of windows 7 since the windows virtual PC program works with ANY currently available version of windows you just have to supply the legit OS to install through it.

And just to make it completely and totally clear download editions that use virtual mate will ONLY WORK on 32 bit operating systems (that includes vista)