Lightning Warrior Raidy III

Is this ever going to be made? Sankaku Complaex said there was a rape ban for games in Japan and I thought this may effect it. Zyx hasn’t updated Raidy since '08 either. Sites planning to sell Raidy 3 are perpetualy stuck at “Coming Soon.”

Off Topic: I was wondering if I could make Raidy III? (as a doujin, not for profit or anything) I was unsure though because I was wondering if it is legal? I mean it’s a fan game so it should be since people do it all the time. (Just asking the all-knowing at JAST)

Thank You
Ms.Kyoko

oh PS
Hi :smiley:

Strictly speaking it’s not legal, but it’s extremely rare (unheard of?) for eroge companies to crack down on doujin works based on their games, and I think in your case the chances of ZyX coming after you are basically 0.

If I understood correctly, in the recent interveiw with Peter Payne and Shingo, they said the creators of Raidy more or less disbanded so the project is effectively cancelled.

To expand what Lancer-X stated, what you would be doing would be considered a fan fiction or parody of the original characters, and would be completely within your right to do so legally - especially where it’s not for profit. Now were this a big company like Disney and you were using their characters this way (in sexy ‘H’ scenes, yes?) then they would likely send you a cease and desist letter. But whereas Raidy already is knee-deep in naughty things you are completely in the clear.

@Lancer: Yay!
@TubeSock: NOOOOOO!!! Oh well. Now I can make it me self. And does this mean Raidy II won’t be in English?

Mood swings FTW.

I’m sorry, this is dead wrong, at least in the US anyway. This would be the classic definition of a derivative work, and is verboten. Witness the large number of fan-made video game remake projects that have been shut down. (At least two seperate Chrono Trigger remakes, just off the top of my head, got cease-and-desisted.) If you need more specific legal advice, you need to consult an attorney.

Fanfiction is mostly left alone because nobody cares about fanfiction; insofar as fanfiction does not affect the primary market for a game or a TV show, nobody really cares about it. Most people who control the IP for a work take permissive attitudes - generally, fanfic writers are huge fans of yours, and they’re very upset when told to stop. However, they don’t have to allow it if they don’t want to. Most probably, the Japanese makers would never even hear about your game. And if they did, they might care, but probably they wouldn’t. However, if they did care, they could probably sue you over it.

Raidy 2 has already been announced as being in process for an English version.

Yeah but it just kept being pushed back. On J-List, Play-Asia, etc. it’s just kept moving for about six months now.

Does anyone know how to contact ZyX? I want to ask them myself to be 100% sure if making my game is okay with them.

Might also want to make sure you aren’t infringing on JAST’s rights by working on this; or, if you are, that they don’t care.