Like B-Games and have an extra $600 handy?

I only have Vol. 1, but I thought that the translation was decent enough. The problem is that the fansubbs were meant for the more experienced anime fan (people familiar with honorifics and such), while the Geneon’s release was subbed more casually so that anyone could enjoy it.

However the release itself looks like a rush job, possibly even low-budget. There are very few extras, and the “extras” and “languages” sections were combined. The DVD lacks a lot of polish (especially comming from Geneon). Tsukihime has a huge cult following in the anime world and I was expected something more.

Honestly, I don’t care too much about any extras so long as the anime itself is solid (good video transfer, above average voice acting in either sub or dub, and an engrossing plotline). If the Tsukihime localization satisfies this, I’ll probably give it a shot. I’m really curious now to see what all the fuss is about…

The disks themselves are fine, I didn’t notice any problems with the transfer. And Geneon released in it on 3 disks and also with a box. While it would have been nice if they put some more goodies it’s a solid release.

Many thanx for the info wanfu2k1…

quote:
Originally posted by darkfriend:
Honestly, I don't care too much about any extras so long as the anime itself is solid (good video transfer, above average voice acting in either sub or dub, and an engrossing plotline). If the Tsukihime localization satisfies this, I'll probably give it a shot. I'm really curious now to see what all the fuss is about...

That's important but that's standard stuff you should expect in every DVD put out now.

When DVDs lack any special features they try and make it sound like they do by saying they have stuff like "title menu," "special chapter menus" Dolby 5.1 (standard for DVD now unless they're direct transfers from vhs and then they list Dolby 2.0), special previews aka commercials, and credits/company info.

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 03-31-2005).]

Friend of mine just told me…

http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/1090

Price lowered by $101, so you save now! :[]

It’s still a ripoff, though. I can go on Yahoo Japan and get it for $200… :confused:

Still more than my friend paid, though…

quote:
…forked out about 5000 for Kagetsu and Tsukihime each, and 3000 for Plus, I think.
US$120. :[]

Lucky bastard. -_-