Like B-Games and have an extra $600 handy?

Himeya actually has a used copy of TsukiBako (TsukiHime and the add-on discs) in stock for a whopping $600! Now I know this game is super rare and highly sought after, but thats INSANE. I know people who have bought nice looking cars for less. Its listed under the doujin section if anyone is actually crazy enough to buy it. And I thought NeoGeo game prices were bad…

That’s ridiculous. I hate it when games become collector’s items, thus vastly inflating the prices. It’s so artificial. A game should be worth the enjoyment it brings one by playing it. Nothing more. It doesn’t do anyone any good sitting on someone’s mantle collecting dust. But what I really can’t understand are people that buy rare games at ridiculous prices and don’t even open the box. That almost seems like a crime, to me at least. That’s the kind of thing that jacks up the prices in the first place…

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 03-23-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 03-23-2005).]

i cant but completelly agree with you Dark_Shiki, the games should be worth the fun they can give…
600$!!! for god’s sake! with that money you can buy a new nice computer!
People live with less than that per month!!!
i hate this kind of thing…

$600? That’s just way too much. I mean, I’m spending close to $300 on a paintball gun. You could buy what…at least 10 games for that amount?

I think you can get some kind of “bargain” when yuo buy such a big amount of games…

The retail price is $25 for a new copy. I don’t know why anyone would want to pay so much for a used copy. Sure, it’s “rare” now but so many better things that you could get with that money. It’s not even good as a collectable as it’s a used copy.

For that $600.00, I’m expecting a fully submissive genetically engineered female humanoid that looks exactly like the main girl.

If it’s a PC game, you won’t even be able to play with it after a good number of years unless you keep an old computer around that runs the OS’s that are compatable. (Never mind that I have a Win3.11/DOS, 95, 98SE, 2K, and XP machine, (plus a copy of ME that has never been used), avaible. (No, my real name is not “Toshiaki” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_OS-tans#Toshiaki ))

So those are the infamous OS-tans…

If the game is available new for $25, why the hell is a used copy selling for $600…?

Dunno…,

I wish my rare games were worth that much…Mine would mostly go for $50-60, sometimes $70 used…

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
So those are the infamous OS-tans...

If the game is available new for $25, why the hell is a used copy selling for $600...?

Probably the person selling it is hoping that someone is stupid enough to think the game is extremely rare/valuable and cough up the cash without looking around first.

I saw that a few weeks ago. :confused:

Pisses me off too, since I’ve been looking for the thing for a while now… ><

For the record, the highest I’ve seen it on Yahoo Japan is $300. Price gouging, indeed.

To this day, Tsukihime’s the only game I’ve pirated… because I can’t find a real copy. --

And it seems it’ll stay that way for a while longer…

Strange. When I first read $600, Mac Mini is what comes in mind. I never own any Mac, but this machine may worth the shot. Back to the game, Himeya probably think it’s in high demand. They bet that there are people who are willing to shell out money for it. When there are not such high demand, the price may come down. Though, I don’t see it listed on there site.

Actually, i’m more concerned by the fact that it’s almost sure that some creazy guy will buy it just because he was told “It’s rare”…
Hope i’m wrong though -_-’

hehe…

I need to find that guy…

Hmm…maybe I should sell off my copy

This is probably a stupid question but what’s so great about TsukiBako (TsukiHime)? I thought GinIro was a rare/expensive game to find but I never heard of it going for money like this. Those of you who want a copy of TsukiBako, do you speak Japanese well enough to understand the story or is there some translation guide or patch available?

Just curious,
darkfriend

Tsukibako is the compilation set of tsukihime, along with its fandiscs. The entire thing’s extremely well-written, (in my opinion anyways) and the world it shows is facinating.

If you liked the Tsukihime anime, well, the game itself is 100X better. So many details were skipped in the anime, it’s not even funny.

The original game was out of print when the game came out, so Type-Moon released Tsukibako, the compliation set of the Tsukihime stuff that couldn’t be found anymore. Thing is, even that went out of print. :confused:

Sorry for what i’m going to say, it’s gonna make some of u very angry, i’m sure :
Wich one is the aniem Tsukihime?
Is it “Shingetsutan Tsukuhime”?
where can i find the “plot” of the serie?

I think the anime can be find with either title.

I’d heard that the company handling the localization of TsukiHime did a horrible job with the translation and so have avoided the series entirely. Do you think its worth watching even with the poor localization?