Little My Maid

I remember seeing topics about LMM dating back to when Kumiko was still around. That puts it around or before mid-2002, I think.

Well, I know it’s been at least over two years, because I joined in late 2002, and it was supposed to come out long before that. Because I already knew about it back then, somehow. Not sure now. I think it was back when I was still pirating games… but I remember making a comment somewhere along the lines of “I’ve already seen a lot of the pics, and it feels like I’ve been waiting for five years the game to come out, even though I know it hasn’t been that long.” Anyway… Yeah, Little My Maid. Long time coming.

------------------
精神 の 神

I’ve waited plenty of time already…if its only the differance of a few months, i can wait a bit longer for better editing.

Little My Maid was one of the titles announced when the company was created.

DVD format? We’re talking about an old game here, in relation to the current market. It’ll probably be on CD-ROM.

To clarify Nandemonai’s statement, I believe Peach Princess was created somewhere in 2001, or maybe even 2000…

I’ve been waiting for it since I first heard about PP, which was about early-2001 timeframe.

I never would have dreamed it would take this long to get this game out, but I’m really looking forward to another sim game besides Maid’s Story.

yep… LMM was one of the original reasons i started posting on the PeaPri, kept getting pushed back… XC2 became a bigger priority…
kept seeing games get placed in front of it… if i recall it was even placed on the “indefinatly postponed” list for a bit…

Yeah I think it was in limbo there for a while but forutnately it’s pretty much done all we need now is wait for some editing Hopefully we won’t get another manual printing problem

it was drastically postponed firstly because the japanese side had problems with it, first with making it into a winXP-compatible engine (this game was a win95 game), and then they cant seem to find the original uncensored graphics files because they dont have a good habit of backing up which dragged quite a bit…and not until i got my hands on the game (maybe around the end of last year), thinking that it’s all good and dandy for initial editing and testing, the script is horribly translated (way way worse than what you see in the demo), so we had to spend quite a long time to translate them all from scratch, and i released the demo in the middle of doing so just to let you guys know that the game is still alive.

We are very sorry for all the delays but for the most part it’s beyond our control. We are at the final stages now so there’s no way we will turn back or give up, and we will get this out no matter what…maybe a bit more delays but we will get it out.

quote:
this game was a win95 game

*grins*
So this means I could have had the game a long time ago! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Muahahahaha!

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
[quote] this game was a win95 game

*grins*
So this means I could have had the game a long time ago! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Muahahahaha! [/quote]

lol. Sure, you could have imported the Japanese version a long time ago, Benoit, but you wouldn't have been able to run it. Japanese Win95 games don't run on an English Win95 OS.

Muahahahaha! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
it was drastically postponed firstly because the japanese side had problems with it, first with making it into a winXP-compatible engine (this game was a win95 game), and then they cant seem to find the original uncensored graphics files because they dont have a good habit of backing up which dragged quite a bit.....
Just curious, were the originals ever found?

if we couldnt find the pics we would have announced that lmm will be a censored game already by now…

what is the official website for “little my maid”?

Sorry, but if Peach Princess’s product page isn’t enough for you then you are out of luck because the original japanese brand (Sweet Basil) seems to have ceased to exist.

At least, you can’t find it in the list of Will’s brands on their homepage anymore.

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 10-14-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
it was drastically postponed firstly because the japanese side had problems with it, first with making it into a winXP-compatible engine (this game was a win95 game), and then they cant seem to find the original uncensored graphics files because they dont have a good habit of backing up which dragged quite a bit.....and not until i got my hands on the game (maybe around the end of last year), thinking that it's all good and dandy for initial editing and testing, the script is horribly translated (way way worse than what you see in the demo), so we had to spend quite a long time to translate them all from scratch, and i released the demo in the middle of doing so just to let you guys know that the game is still alive.

We are very sorry for all the delays but for the most part it's beyond our control. We are at the final stages now so there's no way we will turn back or give up, and we will get this out no matter what....maybe a bit more delays but we will get it out.

Well, I for one appreciate that you guys have stuck with it and seen it through (almost) to the end. As I said, I really look forward to playing another sim-type game besides Maid's Story.

As a side note, if PeaPri has access to more sim-type games, I'd really like to see one make the short list, seeing as how G-Collections doesn't seem quite ready to bring over any sim games yet. Or am I wrong about that, Vaga42Bond?

quote:
Originally posted by bishounen_blue:
lol. Sure, you could have imported the Japanese version a long time ago, Benoit, but you wouldn't have been able to run it. Japanese Win95 games don't run on an English Win95 OS.

Muahahahaha! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I know. But Peach Princess wouldn't have had to modify the engine for compatibility with other OSes for me. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Payne:
Since the game is a huge, huge game, part of what we're doing is trying to ... make the game as near to perfect as it can be. My question is, how do you feel on the subject of the quality of the editing? We could also take another 3 months of editing, or we could move at a faster pace, sacrificing some of the perfection. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

My vote goes with taking your time and polishing it to absolute perfection.

My immediate bias is that I have two games on my PC I'm still in the middle of, another I haven't yet started, at least three more currently available that I want to get after that, and a couple more besides LMM coming out soon that I want as well - so I'm up to my ears in bishoujo (don't I wish literally, hahaha.)

I'm forgetting the details of LMM's concept, but if it's centered around a strong story (like Chain, which I absolutely love,) then by all means work to get the translation as precise as possible.

Beyond stuff like grammar, spelling and punctuation, something that's always been a bit of a letdown with Ecchi games is when I hear a character's string of Japanese dialog go on for several sentences, but the English text is only something like "Let's go."

Obviously alot of people would rather just get the game ASAP, but to me it's not just about the game, it's about introducing Americans to a small but rich slice of Japanese culture - it should be as meaty as possible, IMO.

[Now, if only FCI would resume captioning of their TV dramas! "With Love" was the coolest serial melodrama I've seen in ages, but the last one I saw on the International Channel that had English subtitles.]

Above all, thanks to Mr. Payne and everybody else who's working to bring translated/de-censored games to the English-speaking market!

[This message has been edited by ZaphodB.Goode (edited 10-27-2004).]

well, it’s theoretically impossible to get it to the level of “absolute perfection” and in that case we will have to be working on it for our entire lifetime. but anyhow, we will do the best we can.

just a quickie, the game should be in its final testing stage now. i just checked the printed materials (manual/packaging) and they should be out for printing by the end of this week. final testing will take place in the meantime.

just a few things on the freebies we will give out coz there were some confusions on the other thread. there’s keychains that all of you have heard of since the beginning; we have loads of them. trading cards i am sure you have heard of those (or have ordered those) too. those 2 dont need explanations. the remaining “mystery” piece is a short LMM comic/doujinshi in color (well it’s colored by copic markers, but just not b/w) about how they deal with the summer heat (unfortunately it’s in japanese but live with it). we have a very limited amount of these comics and that will be our pre-order freebies…just as a way for us to say thanks (and sorry) for your (years of) patience on this title.

o_O

Must… pre-order…

Tales of Symphonia is coming out soon, too. x_X