Locating "true love"

This game has been out of print for a while, but I would very much like to find a legit copy. Does anyone know of any places with old copies for sale, or who is willing to sell their old copy?

I’d love to have a complete legit copy of the game too. “writes his name on the want list” ^^

If I actually had a copy I would never let it go!

i have a totally legal copy…i’m lookin at it lol…sorry, but i gotta tease you guys sometimes

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
i have a totally legal copy...i'm lookin at it [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] lol...sorry, but i gotta tease you guys sometimes [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

I was lucky, I scored the last copy Archonia.com had.

I hear JastUSA expressed interest a while back about rereleasing some games released a while back by Otaku Publishing. Cross your fingers or ask JastUSA if they are still moving ahead with the project I suppose.

damn, jast rip the holy hell offa u with the prices, btw how old is the game? if i remember rightly the copyright on the games last 5-10 yrs an become freeware or summut an since its like out of print the files u see on the net r legit

so long as the software ur looking 4 is officially “out of print” u can safely get it off the internet

TH

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
I hear JastUSA expressed interest a while back about rereleasing some games released a while back by Otaku Publishing. Cross your fingers or ask JastUSA if they are still moving ahead with the project I suppose.

I don't know how much of this is meaningful, and I don't remember exactly where I saw it, but I found an announcement on their site somewhere saying that it would be impossible to port some of the games to WinXP. I don't remember which ones.

quote:
Originally posted by joe_kun:
No it doesn't become legit.

WHA!?!?! then how the hell do u get titles that u cant even buy??? cuz there SO OLD i mean come on other games that old have become freeware

TH

quote:
Originally posted by TraitorHunter:
WHA!?!?! then how the hell do u get titles that u cant even buy??? cuz there SO OLD i mean come on other games that old have become freeware

TH

Actually no, that's not what happens at all. It's just when games get so old they become abandonware. That doesn't make it legit, it's just that the technology behind the games is so far behind compared to today's commercial games that it's no longer marketable on a mainstream basis. So a lot of people think that it's okay to download these unmarketable games.

I personally disagree-- it's the maker of the game's job to choose whether he or she wants to give it for free or not, not the consumer's [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img] ; my way of fighting back is by making a website that promotes freeware games made by QBasic programmers. Once again, I promote that website here.

http://www.hulla-balloo.com/vplanet

Okay, I'm done ranting now *goes back to saving pennies for TCI*

[This message has been edited by Vance (edited 09-14-2002).]

uhh oh, i stand corrected

thnx dude

TH

quote:
Originally posted by Vance:
Okay, I'm done ranting now *goes back to saving pennies for TCI*

Actually, it's a good "rant" that needs to be done every so often. I know a lot of arguments I've gotten into on GameFAQs usually ended up being about "abandonware". (It's one of those touchy points like fansubs.) I know I'd hate to not have some of the older games unavailable, but I usually remind myself that a lot of these sites were the ones that killed the markets for the legitimate businesses in the first place.

I have no ethical objection to true abandonware. True abandonware is, well, abandoned; worthless to any business. Copyright being designed to protect the rights of the creators, when they aren’t around anymore it isn’t really that compelling of an argument. (This is the same as my fansub philosophy.) The problem is when it’s “abandonware” (i.e. a smokescreen), or when someone comes along and wants to rerelease a game and people don’t stop distributing it.