Looking for a spectrum of titles

I’ve played Imitation Lover fairly recently (got it along with Gunjyou no Sora wo Koete, Dear My Friend and Shiokaze no Kieru Umi ni), and it did impress me a bit for something that I really thought was going to be a sexromp. Didn’t like it as much as those other three Light games, but those are all awesome, so that’s not really much of a mark against it.

Let me revise what I said, this game is INCREDIBLE. I swear to god I think that the guys at light must’ve been taking notes from Seto Yuki on sex scenes. Ichinose is a very interesting character (I’ll call her Kyou from now on since that’s her first name). What she did in the restaurant scene was just MIND BLOWING. (no pun intended) Never have I seen a girl drink that much semen in an h-game before. Not only are the ero scenes good but it doesn’t follow a set pattern, like in other games. That restaurant scene was just gold, she got him off with her tits then gave him a blowjob and in that one scene alone she got him off 3 times. Great stuff. I find myself hoping she does something like that again. Maybe I have a gokkun fetish.

Well sex aside I think Kyou is pretty incredible stuff, the game has me wondering who spread those rumors about her, clearly they aren’t true. I hope that perhaps a more love-love relationship between her and Itsuki can develop beyond just what she talks about with their bodies being compatible and their relationship being a physical one. She seems to be a lot of fun which is not something I see in an archetype ridden system of eroge.

Only problem is there is a lot more monologue from the protagonist which means I don’t get to listen to people speak as much. I want to know more about what the protagonist is thinking but I cannot get AGTH to work so I can run some of the intense kanji that blows through his mind through my dictionary.

I haven’t even gotten to the second choice yet and I find myself worrying that a good majority of Kyou’s sex scenes will be “wasted” on the beginning of the story. I really would rather hope that they could take this bountiful abundance of scenes and divide up more towards the end of the story so that at least its more romantic when they do these things. I mean the plot hasn’t even diverged to Madoka yet and there have been at least 4, maybe 5 different scenes with Kyou. In most games that’s already the limit for a single character. But wait a minute… since there’s only 3 characters, instead of the usual 5, there might be a whole lot more extra scenes in this story for each character. Quality over quantity! I certainly hope so.

EDIT: I really like the artist for RURUR and Imitation Lover. What other games was he/she involved in? The art seems almost as good as Ni-Theta the Nitro+ artist that I admire.

Mahiru hasn’t worked on much other than Light games. Worked on the older Kurenai, which still looks decent, if a bit dated, nowadays. I’m a bit fonder of Light’s G-Yusuke, personally.

I liked Imitation Lover a lot, too.

I played a rather long time ago so i don’t remember all the details. As far i remember in her first time with Itsuki she was clearly a virgin. Maybe Kiyou herself spread those rumors?

Her scenario remembers me a lot Yuka from Crescendo, with the exception Kiyou was not really selling her body… yet.

Yeah, it was a surprise for me to see this eroge was as story-focused as sex-oriented, too. All the girls in IL had a reason to act the way they were acting… even thought i disliked Iori-sempai scenario because she was being unfair to Itsuki… she was using him in order to forget (or make jealous) Naoya who was a complete jerk womanizer.

Still, basically a Imitation Lover is more than a sex friend, and less than a true lover. So maybe there’s something else i didn’t get it.

By the way, it’s just me or Itsuki looks like a grow-up Ichihiko? :lol:

I liked the artstyle of both these games a lot, too. Actually, that was the reason because i played IL first. I liked the artstyle and because the story was good too, i decided to try RURUR.

Unfortunately i don’t remember any other eroge like these two. Maybe the older Lightsoft games like Siokaze and Gunjou have the same artstyle and good story?

Shiokaze and Gunjou no Sora do have great stories. Different artists, different artstyles, but I think they both look decent; the former has this neat doujin-y look- it’s plainly unpolished, but I still think it looks nice. You can play through it in a day, though :expressionless:

I’m not angry in the slightest bit that they have sprinkled a very generous amount of sex into what is clearly a story driven game. I see nothing wrong with it. Who said you’d have to compromise on sex if you want a good story? This is has really opened my eyes to a new concept I haven’t thought about before.

Well, the only real thing, for me, was that there were so many sex scenes I just started skipping them after a while. I don’t mind the things, but sometimes it felt as if they’re a brief interruption from the story.

But yeah, there’s a number of titles I found to be like that… Dea Ex Machina, Amatsukaze and Koibito Doushide Surukoto Zenbu immediately come to mind.

I really liked Shiokaze’s story as well, but it was definitely a bit on the short side, even for a low budget title. While it didn’t feel rushed, at the same time it would probably have benefited from having a few more scenes (and an increase in the number of CGs too). On the plus side, both the themes and the characters are somewhat different from any other title I’ve played, and unlike most low-budget titles, it’s not an eroero game either.

Since this has kind of become a light thread, I’m wondering if anyone’s played ???. Supposedly, the complete version is even longer than Fate/stay night (4.49 compared to 4.29 megabytes of script), although surely that can’t be right? :? (The list is here)

TakaJun says it’s a bit boring… which, honestly, I expected. I’m still very interested in checking out - it rates well on erogamescape and looks pretty neat anyway, and I want to know how the game got 4.5 megabytes of text.

That said, nota’s list does not remove text duplication from a lot of scripts, leading to inflated values for some titles (like Tsukihime). My own testing found Narcissu second side’s actual size to be a bit more than half the value given (and I get the exact same result as nota if I don’t remove duplicate lines).

So, is (as I’ve taken to calling it, because I like English names for titles)Me and My Summer really 4.5 megabytes of text, or is it not quite as huge (but still huge) owing to a large amount of duplicated text? I shall never know until I actually play the thing. =P

Oh, and boring doesn’t faze me. I’ve played boring. I’ve played worse than boring. I can take boring =P

Ah, I didn’t realize (or didn’t read his disclaimers at the top) that he didn’t eliminate duplicated lines from the text count. That Narcissu second side text size makes sense now, as it definitely didn’t take me five times as long to play through it.

If the Me and My Summer complete version is like the Dear My Friend complete version, where you can choose to play the original, the all ages version, or the ‘merged’ version, and they are all separate scripts, then the merged version would probably turn out to be around 1.6 to 1.8 megabytes of text, which seems much more reasonable. I’ll definitely get this if they make if they put it up on dlsite etc. for 3000 yen or so, but given the age of the game, I wouldn’t want to pay much more for it than that.

Anyone played Aneimo: Second Stage? It abruptly caught my interest upon seeing the animated version somewhere. However I suspect its probably a boring run of the mill game.

RURUR and Imitation Lover have kind of made me a bit of a light fanboy. I guess I really can’t go for the submissive moe types. It’s such a turn off. At this rate I think I’ve reached my limit, I can’t really imagine anymore games of interest after I get in touch with everything suggested on this thread. Well I suppose there is quite a few light games that I still have to play. However I’m not sure if they are as good as Imitation Lover and RUR.

Titles of interest pop at me like:

???
Dear My Friend
???

However I have no idea what they are like, any info would be helpful. One other thing, what’s the major charm with G-Senjou? Is it really all that great? At this point any title suggestion is good as long as I don’t have to put up with lolis. I can’t stand them.

It IS, in fact, like that (with PC, DC and Merge versions), but the length of the game seems to be relatively notable, so I’d say it’s probably quite a bit longer than just a third of the given size.

I played the TRIAL version for this one. Apparently, it’s an ADV with Love-Sim elements. I think the artstyle is very good and the characters likable, but i dunno about the story yet, that is, if the focus is in the plot or the sex scenes. I’m thinking in grab this one next, along the sequel, Aneimo 2 H.

Who needs moe girls when you can have bokukkos, tsunderes, yanderes and badass girls anyway?! :lol:
Well, maybe when you need a break after get beaten so many times… :roll:

You could try some Nitro+ games, like Demonbane, Carnevalle, Angelo Armas and Phantom of Inferno. They’re full of badass characters. 8)

Tsunderes and yanderes are alright, but the moe badass is my true love. Usami Haru, Higuchi Ririko, Akiduki Kasumi and, (by the looks of it; the game is far from completion) KURISU KANU and MEZAROA* make the best waifus.

*despite not having actually seen her properly, I bet she’s cute. She’s shy, too.