Looking for games like aselia the eternal

Hello i’m pretty new to the genre of Bishojo games but i fell in love with aselia the eternal, the rpg elements with amazing story line mainly, I was looking to get more games like it but am unsure what games here are good and have a little more game play then pick the right response.

So which games should i check out?

It has a fan translation rather than an official release, but you may like Utawarerumono. The RPG system is simpler but more dynamic, and the story is pretty good also.

Like mentioned above, Utawarerumono. Also Tears to Tiara(not truely recommended) http://vndb.org/v238, Daibanchou -Big Bang Age- http://vndb.org/v299, and Kamidori Alchemy Meister http://vndb.org/v5652. All the titles are fan translated.

What do you guys mean by fan translations(my assumption is that its just a game that is translated by someone that isn’t the games developer) and how would i go about acquiring them?

Fan translations are pretty much what you think they are. They are titles that have been translated by fans that aren’t licensed by a company like Jast or MangaGamer to release in English. Only way I will tell you to acquire them is to purchase them through jlist.com or a similar site that might sell foreign copies of the game. There are other ways but I am not going to go into those. You then have to go download a patch which you apply to the game to translate the text into English.

Why do you say that tears to tiara isnt truely recommended?

That is going off of my recommendation. I found the story line to be bland and the rpg aspect to be bland also. While I did beat it because I am a completionist, it wasn’t that fun of a game for me. Some like it and some don’t. Can’t really tell if you might enjoy it or not.

Eh will see that one peaked my interest when looking at the screen shops but then again all of those games peaked my interest.

I will say this, Daibanchou is a very confusing game. There is no true walkthrough for it. I don’t remember, but I think there is a wiki for it and if you do get in to it have some patience.

Haha well aselia the eternal’s walkthrough in my opinion was frustrating, the list of scenes was out of order and caused me a lot of confusion and i only used it to make sure i was on the right route. I actually started my own walkthrough it pissed me off so much.

Yumina the Ethereeal isn’t out yet, but it is also an upcoming RPG. There’s also Brave Soul, which is at this point really old, but probably the best (aside from Aselia) b-game RPG in English. And if you’re looking at RPGs with a really good story in general, I’d recommend Persona 3 (either the FES or P3P version, not the original), Odin Sphere, and Planescape: Torment.

And if you have a PS3, there’s the Atelier Rorona/Totori/Meruru trilogy.

Also you may want to look at Kara no Shoujo and Koihime, both Mangagamer titles. KnS is a mystery with quite a bit more depth to it than the usual choice-based game, and Koihime has a battle system.

Also for english developed games, take a look at ‘Loren The Amazon Princess’. (Not my game, but relevant since it’s an RPG with narrative focus and romances.)

Alright that one looked intresting but with all these cool looking games i wish i had like another couple hundred to buy them all lol