Looking to get started

So I’m new to the B-game thing and I have no idea what’s good and what’s not. I’m looking for recommendations for a good, newer game, preferebly something that doesn’t involve teachers getting involved with students or incest… Any suggestions?

Well, that pretty much cancels out all the games I know of.

What? You must have read that wrong, Billybob. There are lots of non-violent games that don’t have any teacher-student or incest themes. I think you should just browse this website’s shopping section and read the descriptions to find out what game would work for you, Vengeance. I can give recommendations, but it really depends on what you want. Are you looking for something with a romantic/deep/interesting plot? Something with good artwork? Or maybe you are most concerned about seeing a lot of H scenes. What are you looking for?

Oops, you’re right. Tokimeki Check-in and Critical Point seem to match your criteria. And I liked them both very much. You should read some reviews on them, see if you like what you hear.

If you’re looking for a great story, then Crescendo and Hourglass of Summer (non-H) come highly recommended. Figures of Happiness (Virtual-Mate) is supposed to also have a very nice story, though I haven’t played it yet personally.

quote:
Originally posted by bishounen_blue:
What? You must have read that wrong, Billybob. There are lots of non-violent games that don't have any teacher-student or incest themes. I think you should just browse this website's shopping section and read the descriptions to find out what game would work for you, Vengeance. I can give recommendations, but it really depends on what you want. Are you looking for something with a romantic/deep/interesting plot? Something with good artwork? Or maybe you are most concerned about seeing a lot of H scenes. What are you looking for?

Yep, it's about plot. Romance and a story with depth is pretty much ideal. I'd prefer something with good artwork, and having a ton of H scenes isn't necessary. As far as violence, I don't mind that, I'm just not into incest or teachers doing students.

Kana - Little Sister, Crescendo, Critical Point and Private Nurse are the main titles I’d recommend for those looking primarily for story-driven games (in that order). If you don’t mind going a bit retro, you might want to consider getting Seasons of the Sakura which comes with the JAST Memorial Collection.

Casual Romance Club is a true SIM ero-game which lacks story, but is still very good. Tokimeki Check-In is well worth a look too.

If you find yourself wanting something lighthearted and easy, Trabulance games like Kango Shicyauzo 1 & 2 and Tottemo Pheromone are good choices.

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 04-18-2005).]

Kana is my favorite English b-game. I didn’t mention it before because he said no incest themes.

That might be so, but it’s still too good to pass by. Since the game has so little in the way of sex, it doesn’t really matter all that much. I’d recommend Kana - Little Sister even if you’re not into incest.

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 04-19-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by AG3:
That might be so, but it's still too good to pass by.

I'd have to disagree. In my case, I don't believe there's such a thing as a yaoi game that would be "too good to pass by." [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] Depends on how set against the genre you are, I guess. The "incestuous" scenes in Kana can be sidestepped, but there's an overall atmosphere of guilty desire pervading the game. After all, it's about a brother and sister who have grown a little too close. But it's such a great game that I don't think you have to be into incest at all to enjoy it. If you're set against incest, however...that might be problematic.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 04-19-2005).]

Incest! Incest! In-

But really, Kana is prolly the best b-game out there, if you don’t mind it being depressing (I cried) or frustrating (I got SOOO sick of all the school-life crap, as well as all the constant problems that were always popping up).

Kana is many things…but frustrating? I don’t think I get you there. I thought it was pretty relaxing, since you didn’t have to make sure you picked the “right answer” every time (because there’s no real bad ending). I just roleplayed the way I wanted to, and ended up getting exactly the sort of ending I wanted.