Luminous Arc 3

While not exactly the greatest in terms of plot depth, the Luminous Arc series has a lot of charm for the character designs and tsundere witches. Moreover, it has some outstanding voice acting – even the English versions. In fact, I find some of the American VA’ing for LA2 better than the Japanese VA’ing (mainly the witches). Yea… I said it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways… Luminous Arc 3 is in the works, and due for release at the end of this year. So far it looks like the LA2 engine with some new enhancements here and there… not that this is a bad thing mind you. I’m sure the plot is the same: good witch joins you at the start, who is opposing a “misunderstood but not bad” witch from doing Machiavelli stuff. Hopefully the game will have REAL individual endings for each witch, but if not, I’m sure there will be at least two.

I swear… with licenses like Luminous Arc and Rune Factory, Marvelous Entertainment has quickly become my favorite DS developer for RPG-ish titles. 8)

Still… I have doubts LA3 could ever top the epic hawtness that was Fatima in LA2 (she’s just soooooo tsun-tsun) or the twintopian love of Alice and Therese in LA1 (and LA2).

Because someone PM’ed me to ask what the magazine scans are saying…

LA3 takes place in a different location from LA2 and LA1 called Vladia. Couple of years before the start of the game, some fairy chick went around the world awakening the dormant magic power in people, who became this setting’s version of witches. These witches gathered together to create a Magic Academy, that pretty much reminds me of the Rev Magic Academy that was mentioned in LA2. The reason why there’s two pics of each character, is because one outfit is their battle clothes and the other is their school uniform. The main character is named Refi, and pretty much like Roland from LA2… only rather than trying to become a Rune Knight, he wants to be a Magi Knight. To be honest, if they wanted to call LA3 the prequel of LA2 (like explain how the Rev Magic Academy got founded; who was the first Master), I’d have believed it… but this isn’t the case whatsoever. New world. Anyways, the title seems to lift some ideas from Mana Khemia, as it features a mode where you explore the school, interact with students, and do academy related stuff to earn points/craft items/etc.

I shamelessly stole this from another site, but since they shamelessly stole it from someone else, I don’t feel bad about it. :slight_smile:

On the left is a dual screen capture from Luminous Arc 2… on the right is a dual screen capture from Luminous Arc 3.

Lots more detail on the battlefield screen for LA3 (woot!). Lots less detail on the status screen for LA3 (aww!). The improved graphics are awesome, but Narg liked the uber combat data from LA2.

Sad thing when gameplay suffers because of eye candy (which I think may be the case with detail level on the bottom screen). Gameplay also includes info, including how readily accessible it is.

Official site is finally open. The teaser video actually shows all the main characters for a few seconds. I’m liking the character designs in this game.

There’s even an Absolute Territory of S-Class level, for those who like 'em. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also some great news, the data screen from LA2 has been incorporated back.

Must have had complaints about not having it.

:o

Twincest [url=http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/ds/Luminous3/character/hiyo.html]is Best[/url]

With Rune Factory 3 out the way, Marvelous has Luminous Arc 3 as their final DS title for 2009.

The official site has been updating like mad the last few weeks, so if ya haven’t checked it out, worth looking around. Tsundere witches are everywhere. :stuck_out_tongue:

Narg especially likes Raira. Hopefully [u]ALL[/u] the witches get winnable endings. Kinda upsetting when only one or two get the royal treatment. For the moment though, it appears [url=http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/ds/Luminous3/character/eruru.html]Eruru[/url] and Ashley are the lead girls.

English translation of some recent site updates:

http://www.dshyper.com/news/luminous-ar … s-revealed

Santa Girls… drools

wow and I am stuck in the first one. I love the series though