Maiden Diaries

Hey, I’ve been looking for an uncut version of the “Maiden Diaries” collection, also known as “Kara no Nakano Kotori.” So, if anyone knows of a place, American or no, that sells the anime with all five episodes intact, that’d be greatly appreciated. The Kitty Media version, apparently cut out an entire episode, due to questionable underage animation.

Also, if anyone knows of a place that sells the first episode of “Haitoku no Shoujyo” that’d be great too. And I don’t really care, vcd, dvd, region 1 or 2, subtitle or no subtitle, anything would be fine.

Peach Princess, appears to have it on sale, but closer inspection reveals that the title they have up is wrong. It looks like they’re selling the “Girl of Debauchery” but they’re actually selling the NuTech version of “Family of Debauchery,” the second episode.

For both of those you might want to try JUNGLE-US or CD Japan. They tend to have huge collections of region 2 DVDs and whatnot.

I doubt Media Blasters is going to release episode 2 of Kara no Nakano Kotori (more correctly translated as “Hatchling”, but called “Maiden Diaries”) because it does deal with a very lolicon girl.

If you want a pretty good description of episode 2, check out the BBS for Tenshi-Tachi at Yahoo.

And I’ve been told that NuTech isn’t releasing “Girl of Debauchery” because it deals with beastiality.

Hey, thanks man. I figured nobody was going to reply to this, but decided to do so anyway, for that just in case situation. And I was wondering why they didn’t release the first episode of Girl of Debauchery.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Thomas:
(...)
I doubt Media Blasters is going to release episode 2 of Kara no Nakano Kotori (more correctly translated as "Hatchling", but called "Maiden Diaries") because it does deal with a very lolicon girl.

*bigsweats*
Just a note...
"lolicon" is short for "lolita complex", with, of course, "loli" = short for "lolita". The origin of the word "lolita" comes from Vladimir Vladimirovich Nabokov's book "Lolita" which portrays a middle-aged man (Humbert Humbert) in pursuit of an impossible love with a adolescent girl (Lolita, aged 12).
"Lolita complex" is the complex associated with men with such interest, i.e. interest in adolescent girls.

So, a "lolicon girl" would be a middle-aged (at least) woman interested by quite young girls (which may cause problems other than just the age gap, BTW... ^^;;; [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]. I guess you mean a "loli girl" or perhaps a "lolita"...

quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
[quote] Originally posted by Mike Thomas:
[b](...)
I doubt Media Blasters is going to release episode 2 of Kara no Nakano Kotori (more correctly translated as "Hatchling", but called "Maiden Diaries") because it does deal with a very lolicon girl.

*bigsweats*
Just a note...
"lolicon" is short for "lolita complex", with, of course, "loli" = short for "lolita". The origin of the word "lolita" comes from Vladimir Vladimirovich Nabokov's book "Lolita" which portrays a middle-aged man (Humbert Humbert) in pursuit of an impossible love with a adolescent girl (Lolita, aged 12).
"Lolita complex" is the complex associated with men with such interest, i.e. interest in adolescent girls.

So, a "lolicon girl" would be a middle-aged (at least) woman interested by quite young girls (which may cause problems other than just the age gap, BTW... ^^;;; ;). I guess you mean a "loli girl" or perhaps a "lolita"...[/b] [/quote]

You knew what he meant. Get your mind out of MY gutter ;) Er, please?

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
You knew what he meant. Get your mind out of MY gutter [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] Er, please?

Are you sure, it was this time again YOUR and not HIS gutter? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

What order should I watch the Maiden Series? I got the 4 videos from a friend (Decadence, Desire, Deception, and Destruction).

quote:
Originally posted by rowena:
What order should I watch the Maiden Series? I got the 4 videos from a friend (Decadence, Desire, Deception, and Destruction).

If I recall correctly, the sequence on my DVD of MaidenDiaries is:
- Desire
- Decadence
- Deception
- Destruction

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
You knew what he meant.
I do. You do. Some here do.
But how many don't? Does Mike?
Perhaps it's just me, but it bugs me whenever someone uses a word or expression incorrectly... I like to think he would like to know the proper use for this word or expression.
quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
If I recall correctly, the sequence on my DVD of MaidenDiaries is:
- Desire
- Decadence
- Deception
- Destruction

Thank you so much!

Ole_le_fol,

Actually I did use it correctly. “Lolicon girl” does not imply that the focus of the story is about a middle-aged woman with an unhealthy fixation on young girls.

It can also mean that the girl, which the episode focuses on, is what the other men of the story are focusing on.

Now, yes, I probably should have said something like “The episode deals with lolicon material” or something like that.

Mike

:blinks:

Wow… a whole lolita conversation when all I needed was a little purchasing info. It was all very interesting though. I haven’t had time to really check out those sites Mike mentioned, mostly because I don’t know the address to the jungle-us site. Does anybody know it?

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Thomas:
Ole_le_fol,
..................................*
Can't anyone spell my THREE letters nickname correctly? It's OLF. O . L . F . As in "Olf Le Fol". Not OLE, as in "Object Linking Embedding"!!!!!!!!!! ^^;;;;;;;;;

quote:
Actually I did use it correctly. "Lolicon girl" does not imply that the focus of the story is about a middle-aged woman with an unhealthy fixation on young girls.

It can also mean that the girl, which the episode focuses on, is what the other men of the story are focusing on.

Ah? Sorry, but I never seen it used that way. To me, such a girl is a lolita and the men are the lolicon. It's just like talking about an anime which would deal with a "siscon sister" to mean the anime deals with a female character who generates siscon behaviours from men around her. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

quote:
Now, yes, I probably should have said something like "The episode deals with lolicon material" or something like that.
It would have been better, I agree. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

to Olf_le_fol,

Well I did OLE on purpose, because I knew you get a kick out of that Anyway that’s one of the big issues with Lolita in general… even people who study psychology for a living sometimes use the terms interchangably.

to Seishin

CD Japans website is:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/

And Jungle-US’s website is:
http://jungle-scs.co.jp/en/

i still have an affection for the name Olf le Mex but maybe it’s just me

Oh, Anime Jungle, we have one of those stores in downtown LA in Little Tokyo. I haven’t been to Little Tokyo in a couple years. Oh wait, scratch that. I went downtown a few months ago to buy arare. There’s an Umeya warehouse down there, kindof around Little Tokyo, sortof.

[This message has been edited by Seishin (edited 05-06-2003).]

I am seeing a heated debate coming out soon so I better cool everything down but still be ethically and morally correct.

"even people who study psychology for a living sometimes use the terms interchangably.“

Not relating to bishoujo, but I personally think that correct “language” use is pretty important regardless of what you study since otherwise you will mess everybody up and not convey your thoughts clearly at all. Imagine interchanging terms in your thesis…

Now…relating this back to bishoujo, I think this is the similar issue as people using the term “hentai” to all adult anime stuff incorrectly and thinking that they are all correct and everything. We all know what the deal is with the wrong use of the term “hentai” so let’s to get into that. But for to refer a girl a “lolicon” or “lolita complex” …that even doesn’t sound logical in english at all, does it? Unless of course, by “lolicon girl” you are talking about a young lesbian who is obsessed with young girls…

So basically I question the 'interchangable” terms’ and I personally think it’s best to use clear and concise terms so you are not messing with people’s minds and everybody getting confused and everything.

But since Mike Thomas said ‘Now, yes, I probably should have said something like “The episode deals with lolicon material” or something like that.’…now let’s just move on with our lives and please don’t make a fool of yourself or confuse everybody with incorrect/confusing term uses…

So if you are referring to a little girl, please use “lolita”.
If you are referrring to people who are obsessed with such girls, plese use "lolicon/lolita complex"

And plese don’t mix the two together. You can find them in your dictionary and I am sure you don’t want Japanese people laughing back at you for using english (your speaking language, if not your mother tongue) incorrectly by mixing up loli/lolicon right?

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 05-07-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
Wow... a whole lolita conversation when all I needed was a little purchasing info. It was all very interesting though. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] I haven't had time to really check out those sites Mike mentioned, mostly because I don't know the address to the jungle-us site. Does anybody know it?

You have noticed we tend to get side track a little right? Just kidding. Plus, it's another of those topics that pop up every so often and we have some interesting discussions on it.

And to tell you the truth, Lamuness-san, I have no problem with Japanese people laughing at me for my english. I tend to think it's a bit of a silly language at times and very few native English speakers get it all correct. *shrug*