Mangagamer (Previously "Hell may have frozen over?")

Well, I’ll just post the links rather then go into a lot of detail and let people form their own opinions before I go into my own.

http://www.mangagamer.com/
http://novelnews.net/2008/07/01/anime-e … ate-party/

Now… In my opinion, it has a shady feel to me. Considering the number of titles they have already, but then again I suppose there could be a large company hiding behind them in the shadows filtering them the money to do it. “I’ll believe it when I see it.”

I’d love to hear the opinions of others on this as well, considering I haven’t had a lot of time to do further research on it.

that should cool can’t wait

I think this looks rather suspicious as well. The list of games they supposedly have licensed looks very incongruous, and the prices for Da Capo and Suika (¬Ä49.95) are definitely too high given their age. Given how Engrishy and gramatically unsound their game information is, the translations will probably be fairly dodgy as well. If this is real… then I pity the Japanese companies for signing up with Mangagamer.

http://www.mangagamer.com/hentai/

The uncensored graphics are a good sign, but I’m waiting to see the quality of the translations first.
Besides, even if new competition in the Downloadable Erogames market is a real blessing :mrgreen: , EUR-based prices are BAD :shock: …

Da Capo is the only one of those i heard of
hopefully this group will do some other games turned into games like kanon

There are demos up for two of the games listed. They are definitely in English. That’s a bit far for a joke.

The quality of the engine is not that great, the text is all monospaced and ugly, but they’re there.

And ooo, there’s a Tarte game, I love their art… Want Katahane! Want!

Too good to be true…
The trap is that you have to download the game…

Yeah, and it’s one of those evil ‘three activations, including if you ever change ANYTHING about your computer, and then you have to buy it again’ things. Mrr.

Well, I’m hunting up info on the games they have posted in order to blog about them. I haven’t played through my stack of PP purchases yet, so I’m in no rush to buy.

Interesting, rather abrupt and unpredicted. I guess I’ll be checking up (ordering from?) them VERY shortly.

EDIT
Nevermind… they have TWINCEST. Narg approves! What’s PP gonna do now? They need identical twincest to beat identical twincest competition. :stuck_out_tongue:

However on a sidenote: is there anyone who can prove these guys are legit? I WANT them to be legit - I really do - but I can’t help but wonder…

Wait a minute… I recognize some of those games! “Shera, My Witch” {http://www.mangagamer.com/hentai/Titles/Details/6EA5B6D1-BC3B-4287-AF65-8F1EB16A347C} is “Sakyubas Soon!”. That’s about succubi not witches, at least I think it is… :?
They also have “Ryoujoku Guerrilla Gari” {http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/5337 as “Suck my **** or die!” {http://www.mangagamer.com/hentai/Titles/Details/B9D402EF-5246-4754-851A-C405685D53E3.

I really hope their translations of the games themselves are better than the title translations. :expressionless:

Holy shit… Circus, Overdrive, Liquid, Psycho, Score, Tarte!? These guys have a serious lineup going. Dark Eroge too!? Dude!

However Baldo put up a REALLY good point: Euro prices. €50 = $80

Cheaper than ordering from Himeya Shop to be certain, but Peach Princess has them beat in pricing.

Yet a good twincest and dark ero are priceless to me.

Narg is gonna be broke all year long. :lol:

It is. Two succubi, your little sister, and an American nun to be exact. Did a review for it on my old site. Not the best game out there mind you. In fact, several titles in their own catalog are MUCH better. Succubus Soon! (Shera, My Witch if you like) is NOT WORTH 40 euros IMHO - not with juicier choices available.

Well I know that (I own the original Japanese game). It’s just that on their site the character description says that their witches instead of the Succubi their suppose to be.

Ah… gottcha. :slight_smile: Sorry about that… my mind is still overloaded from all the twincest (Suika A.S+ and Which girl should I choose?) and brutal darkness (My sex slave is a classmate and Suck my dick or die!) over there. :twisted:

It’s understandable. :smiley: As I said, hopefully the guy who wrote the character descriptions on the site is not the same guy who translates the games. Guess somebody will have to take a trial run with them… anybody try their demos?

I’ve only looked at a few minutes of one demo so far. The english appeared readable, but the badly spaced font was annoying. Most of the games don’t have demos, though.

Anyone who’s played the original got a review of Hinata Bokko? (which seems to be the correct name for the Tarte game listed as ‘Which Girl Should I Choose’) Proper names for any other games welcome as well while I assemble info…

Their pricing is ridiculous, especially considering that it’s download-only. I buy imports that cost the same amount, but they aren’t 5+ year old titles, and I get a physical copy with pretty packaging and lots of goodies. Most popular older games have priced-down editions running from about $25(Kanon Standard)-$70(Suika AS+). MangaGamer is charging more for Suika than Circus!

The activation system doesn’t seem very well thought out, either. Anyone who runs a Windows operating system knows how often a computer can crash. :lol: It’s not a good idea to only allow us three activations.

Did I mention their translation sucks? :roll:

I’m about to find out. Just signed up an account. Will be getting the game, to “test the waters” of how this translation company does things. Plus its twincest: Narg must own all twincest.

Reading the legal stuff, the parent company is called Manga International B.V. - is this the same Manga International as this:

http://www.animefu.com/index.pl?node_id … node_id=41

For the record, I’m going to meet them at JapanExpo and ask them some questions. So far, it’ll be (gathered from the MTF and Gemot):
[list]
[]What are the companies to which games you hold licences? circus seems to be a certainty, but on your page, you’re also mentioning some NEXTON, OVERDRIVE and Tarte’s titles. Of course, one thing is that Tarte’s parent company, Deal, went bankrupt in 2007. So?[/]
[]Do you intend to take Paypal?[/]
[]Are there any plans for circus’ “My-Hime” game?[/]
[]Is there any plan to released the 4,517,871,371 fandisks of D.C.[/]
[]Were you the ones who approached circus, NEXTON and OVERDRIVE or was it the opposite?[/]
[]How did you manage to get the deal? Any experience you want to relate?[/]
[]Do you plan to release titles on disc sometime in the future?[/]
[]Which version of “Da Capo” is being released, the original or “Plus Communication”? [/][/list]

They’re erring on the side of caution, I would say (“No demons or chil… lolis in our games!” :stuck_out_tongue: ).
Just see the “boyish nature” of Rachel in The Queen and Princess as your rewards or the lack of the character roster in the Triumphant Loli Which girl should I choose? :lol: .

Just ordered Which Girl Should I Choose? from them.

They only accept credit cards. Their order from is SSL certified at AES-256 encryption from USERTRUST. After checking out and making the order, you’re sent two emails. One is the invoice. The second has the “Product ID” that’s your activation code. Your account page on the site then has the title(s) for download. Currently downloading. Their server, for what its worth, is fairly fast. Going at 200KB/sec on my shitty DSL: the 550 MB zip file will be done in about 40 minutes.

Will comment on the activation process and translation quality soon (PS: I’m running 64-bit VISTA, so this should be VERY interesting).