(MangaGamer) Sandwiched by my wife and her sister

it might have to do with the new rules no non-humans or pregnancy
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/06/1 … -in-eroge/
the feminist group is getting ridiculous

michelous, the feminists had NOTHING TO DO WITH this supposed nekomimi/pregnancy ban which is still only hypothetical anyway.

they contributed to the current situation, sure. but you might as well say “those irish politicians are getting ridiculous” because some irish politician whining to the press also contributed to the situation. the feminist group complaining about rapelay did not, to anyone’s knowledge, say anything about catgirls or pregnancy. and you’d be much BETTER to say “those panicking Japanese businessmen/shopowners” because they’re the ones actually DOING it.

as far as anyone knows there are no ‘new rules’ yet, just one producer mumbling that they might have such rules in the future, which could be a paranoid overreaction, or could be completely accurate.

If nekomimi and pregnancy get banned, it’d actually be a good example of censorship snowballing past the original censorship.

If nekomimi particularly are banned, it could in some ways be a good thing, because that’s likely to set off hordes of angry fans who DON’T see any need to feel ashamed about their hobby and can fight things the other way up the slippery slope. :slight_smile:

I can’t see nekomimi getting banned. I just can’t. Especially if that one gang rape “raped by the whole village” whatever it was game got released in its entirety with just a name change.

I’ll believe Norn decided to delay the game for a bit to wait for some of this to blow over, before I believe they had to censor the version in stores but NOT the downloadable version, when we know the rules are supposed to also apply to downloadable versions without differentiating between boxed / download.

Could be overreaching may actually make things worse for those who sought to limit things to begin with. If it does get banned it may be a way for the overseas market to kind of show there is a large market though supporting local groups.

In fact, I’d argue that should be going on right now anyway and help open the market, but instead things seem to be moving in reverse.