MAW2 Updated

http://www.power3d.com/pages/tests/test.asp?testnum=175

They updated the status of their site the other day. They got 4 new sceenshots as well.

Excellent…

Thanks for your support

Ahh so you guys aren’t dead. Cool hopefully you guys will have everything done and then I’ll order the MAW dvd

I just have a question about the latest update. Just what exactly are you trying to showcase when you provide screenshots? Four blocks of translated text doesn’t really tell us the current status of the project since they don’t seem to follow a certain order. I would much rather have screenshots which give us more of an idea of where you are. Since some people (like me) have not played the original game, perhaps it would be best to tell everyone where in the game those screenshots were taken or explain what’s happening.

The actual update was nothing more than a “we are alive and have changed our team” message. You gave us no reason why there was such a long break in-between updates. I also see no noticable change in the progress chart, plus the fact that you revealed the TL was nowhere near complete as first suspected. Could you give us an estimate of exactly how much has been done over the past year?

It only takes a screenshot program to take 20, 30, perhaps 50 additional screenshots which would give us a better outlook. Or how about using FRAPS, making a real-time movie demo to showcase bits of what has been done so far? Simply posting just four measly screenshots has had a reverse effect on me. They’re making me think that the project is actually dead, but the members of the project want the few people who are interested to keep hoping.

I apologize if I am sounding rude and/or arrogant. I know you guys don’t owe us anything and are just doing this on your free time. That alone takes a lot of guts and I appreciate that. However, if you are actively attempting to spread the word of your project via forums and other sites, it would be nice for everyone who visits your project site to be a bit more informed.

[This message has been edited by GipFace (edited 08-02-2004).]

[This message has been edited by GipFace (edited 08-02-2004).]

Well they did give a reason why it takes so long and even indirectly why the page didn’t get updated.
The page obviously didn’t get updated because there might have been no need to (or top50 wasn’t bored enough until then).
And why it’s taken them so long is…probably because they discovered a new third of text. So it all sounds at least logical…that this doesn’t prove anything is obvious. But i agree, the progress is hardly visable on the their progress list, maybe they should all like something “new third xx%”. But time will eventually show (the translation or the truth bind it), so not like it’d matter to wait a year or two.

Nice to see you are still there!

Yes they should have mentioned the new 33% more text found.

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
And 25% less fat. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
That still leaves me confused just how do you play Men @ work 2. Do you buy Men @ work 2 or Men @ work 3 to play the game?

You can do either. The MaW3 cd has maw2 on it as well.
quote:
Originally posted by Jinnai:
The MaW3 cd has maw2 on it as well.

Not the CD. The DVD holds the entire series and the full-voiced version of MaW2 to boot, but I think the CD only has MaW3 and nothing else.

Correct, the CD version does not include it. So it’s suggested everybody who thinks about buying it buys the DVD version…It’s worth the 2000¬â~ more and on a sidenote, himeya does not even sell the cd vers