Melty Blood

It’s a bit old (May 18), but both Melty Blood has been fully translated. No patch yet, but insertion is being worked on. For Melty Blood (which includes ReACT) this shouldn’t take that long, not nearly so long as Tsukihime.
Melty Blood Translation Progress Thread

snort

Tsukihime would have been done awhile back, but they essentially retranslated the game from scratch because the initial result wasn’t satisfactory.

Well I can’t do nothing about yet. I haven’t yet invented a time machine, but that doesn’t seem to be the case with Melty Blood.

They’re patches to translate the games from Japanese to English. Generally, it takes longer to actually insert the English text than to translate the games…

I always wondered why that was. Is it because the game engines are limited and not meant for this kind of thing?

From having done some hex-editing… It’s easy to just replace text if the new text you’re adding is the same SIZE as the old text, but it generally isn’t… :slight_smile:

Anyone wondering about this issue can read the first pages of the thread “Refresh my memory, Lamuness…” aka the insanity thread. :slight_smile:

You can find it in the Off-Topic forum.

Interesting title.

That’s because of the way we worked on it. Melty Blood had very little progress at first, and Tsukihime was being translated by a crew of several and proofread by a cast of many (including me). This apparently produced a virtually unplayably bad initial version, so one of the translators essentially redid everything himself. That recently completed and they’ve started inserting the text into the game.

So Melty Blood didn’t go thru this large period of time doing work that was, by and large, scrapped.

It’s called the insanity thread because it’s, well, fairly insane.

That reminds me, I should go necromance that thread. EHEHEHEHEHEHHEEEEEE

Which is a shame. They could have done all the text and insertion for Melty Blood long ago as it has not that much because its a 2-D fighter.

Patches are files/executables that modify game data. This means that they could do all kinds of things to the game.

Melty Blood Re-ACT is for PC. There is a PS2 game (can’t remember the subtitle offhand) as well.