MEN AT WORK!2 Unnoficial Translation Project

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
(^^; [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

I'm really, really a loser in grammar...
(maybe because i'm not an american guy)

But you understand me, right?
Let's pray, brothers and sisters: "Oh powerfull STUDIO EGO... give us your glessing... please translate to english your games to us mere mortals..." (--)/\\

*receiving stares* What?! (o.o)?

Eh. I think I can get better results using my preferred method, which involves 'acquiring' STUDIO E-GO's souls and then 'suggesting' that it might be a good idea that the games get translated.

That is, of course, if I had any interest in Men at Work...the first one didn't sound so hot, dunno about MaW 2...

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Eh. I think I can get better results using my preferred method, which involves 'acquiring' STUDIO E-GO's souls and then 'suggesting' that it might be a good idea that the games get translated.

That is, of course, if I had any interest in Men at Work...the first one didn't sound so hot, dunno about MaW 2...

Don't need to be just the 'Men at Work' series, i want to see ALL the games from Studio E-Go translated (especially MY FAIR ANGEL! Maeve-chan, kawaiiiiiii....)
This guys makes greats Simulations and RPGs.
By the way, do you can to 'adquire' the souls of the guys from Elf-Co and F&C as well, pleeeease? (^_^)

quote:
Don't need to be just the 'Men at Work' series, i want to see ALL the games from Studio E-Go translated (especially MY FAIR ANGEL! Maeve-chan, kawaiiiiiii....)
This guys makes greats Simulations and RPGs.
By the way, do you can to 'adquire' the souls of the guys from Elf-Co and F&C as well, pleeeease? (^_^)

Depends. How much is it worth to you?

*grins sardonically*

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:

Let me put it this way: It's better. Not as much improvement as between X-Change and X-Change 2, but definitely better.
... and of course it has the kind of artworks that you can expect from Studio e-go!

quote:
(especially MY FAIR ANGEL! Maeve-chan, kawaiiiiiii....)

I just got my copy of My fair Angel. I didn't start play it though, because Spec-san and I were too busy playing Oyaji-Market Renaissance instead... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

But I suppose it was a good choice anyway, so I look forward to my upcoming experiences with it and your comment helped me to look forward to it even more, so thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Let me put it this way: It's better. Not as much improvement as between X-Change and X-Change 2, but definitely better.
... and of course it has the kind of artworks that you can expect from Studio e-go!

That's right!!
But i don't know how much X-Change2 it's better than X-Change1 (i never had a chance to check both), but i don't think we can compare a Just-Text-and-Graphics Adventure to a 3D-RPG Adventure. They are definitely differents in style.
However, there's no doubt MaW2 it's better than MaW. MaW2 have better fights (no more limited to just 3 turns), better Magics, better Magic Combos,it's a Multi-Ending 3D-RPG adventure/Love Simulation and have the high-quality graphics from Studio E-Go. In english or japanese, it's a must-have to us!
(if you ask me, i prefer in english, of course)

(PS: Don't take me wrong, i love MaW1, but i love MaW2 MORE!)

quote:
but i don't think we can compare a Just-Text-and-Graphics Adventure to a 3D-RPG Adventure. They are definitely differents in style.

That's why I only tried to compare the amount the games have improved from prequel to sequel. Since X-Change made some people simply sick and X-Change2 is a pretty good ADV, it made a kind of quantum-leap (even if XC2 admittedly still contains the bus), while MAW1 already was a nice RPG whose only fault (IMHO) was a lack in the story-department. This problem was taken care of in MAW2 already quite nicely and MAW3 even topped MAW2 with the newly refined battle-engine.

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 08-08-2003).]

But Maw3 turned kind of silly due to the Harry Potter wannabe atmosphere/story :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

quote:
Originally posted by Gurvon:
But Maw3 turned kind of silly due to the Harry Potter wannabe atmosphere/story ;P

... Perhaps I should have taken time to take a look at that one at Unicorn's inseted of KnE :3.

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
... Perhaps I should have taken time to take a look at that one at Unicorn's inseted of KnE :3.

*sigh* [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]
Would you mind to call it either WoE or EnK?

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
*sigh* [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]
Would you mind to call it either WoE or EnK?

[img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/eek.gif[/img] okay, WoE, it is, then [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Meh, My fair Angel is only good because the OP (Thank you for your love by CANDY) rocks. Every other OP/ED sung by CANDY after that was either “bleh,” “meh,” or “meh+1.” She needs to get her act together.

Frankly I think you guys should loosen up a little…

MAW is not lisenced here there is no way to buy it here and I cannot find a place to buy it if there is.

I’ll bet you the company that made it probably doesn’t care what happens to their game outside Japan. Fan-subbed bishoujo games are probably the way to go. If it ever gets lisenced, which is doubtful, distribution of it simply ceases. Any further distribution is illegal and un supported. Problem solved.

Yes I know theyd continue to distribute it underground even after lisencing but most people want to buy the official stuff and that stuff happens anyways so continued illegal distribution of the fan-subbed stuff is not much different from illegal distribution of PP and GC games.

Distributing this won’t hurt anyone because companies like them don’t even know we exist. Most of us won’t buy it if it isn’t english anyway so how is it any different?

I know they worked hard on it and all and I know they need to be paid regardless of where you are in the world or what language they speak.

If I do end up getting this fansubbed game gimme their address and I’ll send em a cheque. But they won’t give a flying f*ck.

[This message has been edited by Absurdist (edited 08-12-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Absurdist (edited 08-12-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Absurdist:
MAW is not lisenced here there is no way to buy it here and I cannot find a place to buy it if there is.

Try here!

Search under "Adult", then "ENTER" and finally "P-S" and look under "Studio e-go!" et voila!

Actually, I don't think that himeya is such a far-fetched reference anyway, because they are the only ones that distibute C's-ware's english localized games.

So, would you please refrain from encouraging piracy? Thank you very much!

quote:
Originally posted by Absurdist:
I'll bet you the company that made it probably doesn't care what happens to their game outside Japan.

Quite wrong. Many companies and creators of both anime, manga and bishoujo-games regards the way their games, artwork etc, are treated here in the west with disgust,f romw hat I heat. The way that their games/ other stuff are pirated in various ways often makes them much more heistant when it comes to the question if their games should be released here or not. Mind you, there are many reasons of why they're heistant about releasing their gmaes here or not (or simply hav eno interest in doing so), but this is one of the greater reasons for it.

quote:
Distributing this won't hurt anyone because companies like them don't even know we exist. Most of us won't buy it if it isn't english anyway so how is it any different?

How do you know that they know that we don't exist? Just because that they don*t release their games here, doesn't mean that they don't know about our existence.

As for me, I wouldn't mind this kind of fansubbing, but ONLY if the fansub was released as a fan-made patch to the game, that requires one to have brought the game itself to get any use of it. I wouldn't accept it if they offered a download of the whole game itself.

Well even if they did offer it as a full game theres not much you can do but send them hate mail and DDOS their server because they aren’t breaking any laws. This isn’t a legal issue it’s an ethics issue. It’s your conscienceness talking.

[This message has been edited by Absurdist (edited 08-13-2003).]

I don’t think Piracy is the main reason they don’t want to translate games. The biggest piracy rings are over in East Asia, NOT in the “west” as you put it. I think the reason is just cost vs reward, they don’t see enough income to warrant spending the time translating a game. They could just use that time to make a new game and be more profitable.

Thats right.

I can buy the entire Jast USA Peach Princess and G-Collections inventory for 10 bucks in China if I wanted to.

And if you send them Angry e-mails they will laugh at you… You try to go over there and stop them and the PLA are gonna kick your ass. So honestly piracy here is meager and insignificant compared to the HUGE and Profitable business in places like Russa and China.

[This message has been edited by Absurdist (edited 08-13-2003).]

Heya, I’m the Swiss guy Gurvon told about . I must say he’s doing a very fine work on script editing, that’s really nice ^^

Men at work!2 translation project has begun over a year ago because of lack of guts from previous translators (how about joining a project and leaving it in a week ?)

Now, we’ve got Avatar Paladin who is translating it… this guy’s a god… he’s working very well and I couldn’t be able to thanks him enough. I kind of lost his contact a little while ago, I’ll check again about him as soon as I can update gurvon and me for the work he has done (he has translated tons of files that now need to be checked by Gurvon and inserted in the game and debugged by… me T_T; unless to say it’s a long process for both members…)

Of course the website needs to be updated… by i’m quite not in the mood to do so as it takes about 2 hours to do a complete update… and those 2 hours could be used in the translation itself… ^^;

The previous game coder (bnu) which has done a very sweet work on the script extractor unfortunately left the project…

so if anyone is willing to help scripting-coding related he’s welcome… (there is a little text displaying problem…minor glitch I dunno how to solve which might be in the game code itself…) same for txt translation (hentai files aren’t translated yet… bwahahah ^^

I don’t forget to talk about Dr_H who helped me a lot already… finding people in which you can trust is sure hard these days, so I sincerely thanks peple that are now in the project. I welcome every guy REALLY interested in helping (not interested in joining the team to get the game) .

Estimated release ? I dunno. ← Have you seen ? that’s a dot, that means I REALLY DON’T KNOW. Everything doesn’t belong to me so that will be up to everybody in the team.

Anyway, thanks for the support, that’s nice and thanks to the guy who told me about princess BBS…

PS: MAW2 is the funniest game I played on PC thanks to hilarious E-GO characters… so translation has to be difficult to keep all the jokes

Top50
www.power3d.com/maw2.asp
top50@power3d.com

Men at Work!2 Translation Project…