Message board spam

I’ve been seeing more of these spam advertisements on the boards these days, and it makes me sad. Sad that there’s people out there so utterly worthless that they spend their time posting garbage on message boards solely to annoy others (and perhaps make a few cents). I mean, web crawling applications that steal your e-mail addresses and spam you are one thing, but behind each and every one of these spam posts is a person, a very sad shadow of what may once have been a decent human being. I hope each message of spam they post lends just a little more meaning to their empty existences.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 04-05-2006).]

but behind each and every one of these spam posts is a person, a very sad shadow of what may once have been a decent human being.

Not necessarily. This board still doesn’t seem to have anti-bot protection in the registration process.

At least, nothing requiring me to be a person shows up when I immediately click on register, I haven’t bothered making a dupe account to be sure.

i dont think peter made the email activation mandatory when he first setup this bbs eons ago, and back then the spam wasn’t as bad as today

i think i can re-activate it, but given that peter is considering upgrading the bbs (didn’t he mention it earlier?) i am holding that for now

Now way! O_O

PP’s BBS … UPGRADED!?

I never though i would live to tell the tale …

Concerning Spammers, what i hate the most is this kind of spam:

"Hi, enter here (Link to limbo), and you will find lots of things we uploaded to different places and we really love to pirate. And because we lack so much talent and have lots of free time, we do Hand-made spam …
So enter on my site, i can offer lots of anime and manga and everthing, just ENTER MY SITE!!! PLZ!! ^^ YATTA!"

And so …
Get a life, for God’s sake …

I have some questions about how to pay for some games i want, where should i post for help about this? (This last thing kind of off-topiced the whole thing …)
I dont have the good ol’ Credit Card at my command anymore …