Might work?

I really like bishoujo games, but don’t like to wait for to long, of course if there’s no other choice there’s nothing I could do. I was thinking if donating let’s say $1 could help the american market in bringing more bishoujo games and having them released sooner. We the consumer are the one’s that keep this North American market alive and we can make it bigger if this really works. It’s a thought, if this offended you in some way I apologize.

It could work! :smiley:

If you want to help the industry, buy games, talk about games to your friends, convince them to buy games. Positive word-of-mouth is more useful than a dollar. :slight_smile:

I really do talk to my friends about it and convince them to buy games and besides I have all the g-collections games and peach princess too. I’m waiting for Ying Yang and Yume Miru Kusuri to arrive that I already have pre-ordered and I just bought Bible Black the game. I really am helping and would like to know if there’s a way that they would bring more games to the english market.

Imagine that half the US country drops 2 or 3 cents, how much would it be?. Even though mouth to mouth is very effective you sometimes have to try other ways to improve, of course keeping it professional, otherwise you keep repeating a cycle that sometimes you could do better than that (Mouth to Mouth) cycle. :slight_smile:

I can’t imagine Peach Princess turning down donations. PUT A DONATION BUTTON up. Worst case scenario, you get enough money to buy lunch, best case scenario, you get enough to change the world.

Win Win situation.

actually, accepting donations for a registered company could possibly be quite complicated with implications for unbalancing the accounts, tax status, legal requirements for accepting money without giving anything in return…

Companies in dire financial straits that have turned to their fans for donations have done so by selling special items at highly inflated prices, which suggests there are reasons for not simply accepting donations.

Anyway, if half the US were willing to give 2 cents, they wouldn’t need to, because the penetration value would already be so high that the company could profit off that quite nicely. :slight_smile:

hmm… then perhaps there could be a special “gift wrapping” option or something on check out for patrons that wish to give a little extra.

Except that we live or die by the goodwill of our Japanese “suppliers” (that’s basically what they are). I can’t imagine they’d be terribly impressed if they discovered Peach Princess was taking donations. Everything you do sends a message … conveys something about yourself. If I were running a company, and I was considering getting an overseas business partner, I would look real hard at any company that felt they needed to solicit donations. (Well, and was not a charity.) It’d be extremely unprofessional.

Besides, Peach Princess is run by J-list. If you want to do something like what you���re talking about, buy from J-List and put in the comments section of your order ‘Keep up the good work over at Peach Princess’ or something.

[ 12-05-2006, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: Nandemonai ]

I agree with with Nandemonai. The best thing you can do is buy stuff from J-list and leave positive feedback.

Except that we live or die by the goodwill of our Japanese “suppliers” (that’s basically what they are).

Ain’t that the truth.

Considering that the American market doesn’t seen even one percent of bishoujo games made in Japan I can’t imagine how difficult it is on Mr. Payne to make business decisions.

I either buy from Jlist or a seller I know has a wholesale deal through their distribution website. Either way it helps them.

That’s true Nandemonai, if it’s a charity than that is very unprofessional. This was just an idea, if it helps enough to make Peach Princess release at least a game a month, I’m not greedy you know. I don’t think the Japanesse market would bother with North American country sales or what happens here of course without any bad behavior. Japan is not ordinary but like any other country, if you want something and would like to start a business buying products you need to buy License fees etc. I’m still supporting the english bishoujo market. :smiley:

I’m sure an idea, an event, heck, something would come along that could boost the market. And besides, SSagura, your idea wasn’t really all that bad; it’s just that the market doesn’t work that way.

Great! There’s nothing else but to wait to see what happens. I hope they release one game a month (Fingers Crossed). Thanks PL. :slight_smile:

And thanks in return.

That being said, the most we can do while the wait is on is to do the little we can to spread awareneess of the genre, and maybe even come up with new ideas. Something will happen.