music error snow sakura

I’m having a music issue with Snow Sakura.

Basically, if you start the game up, it will running the opening song.

At the end of the opening song when it should load to the title screen, the following errors pop up:

Failed to open MP01.ogg
Loading music files has failed

Those both pop up, and then they pop up again after clicking ok through each of them.

It then loads to the title screen with no music, however other sounds work.

I also noticed if you go to the options and then try to run the Voice test (to measure its volume) it gives the error:

Loading test se file has failed.

If you go to load into the game (new game), the first thing that pops up is once again

Failed to open MP03.ogg
Loading music files has failed

Notice theres a different file number on that music file.

Going through the first scene, and arriving at the 2nd scene with the Main character waking up, the alarm clock sounds (it does beep), and then again theres another music file error. This time the file is named MP02.ogg

Now i know i can run .ogg files (i have several others on this computer), i tested them and they still work.

The disk does have some markings on the bottom (even though its brand new came in the mail today). I imagine its because the central clip on the case was broken, so during shipping the disk was sliding around inside.

Sorry for the long post, but i believe i’ve noted everything of importance i can think of. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh yes, one last thing. My machine is running Windows XP

**edit: i just realized there are no voices either. Guess thats expected since the voice test file didnt work.

Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice so far.

** Edit 2. Atm the only voice not working is Saki’s… the fathers voice worked fine >.<

[ 12-24-2007, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: caliga ]

Do you have any third party codecs installed? If so, uninstall them and see if that helps. And who’s father’s voice are you talking about? Yuuji’s or Saki’s?

[ 12-25-2007, 05:29 AM: Message edited by: CDP5280 ]

Yuuji’s father is the only voice so far.

I went as far as the introduction of Misato, and she had no voice either.

The only codec i have installed is CCCP, and this would be the first instance of it causing issues with anything. I’ll go ahead and try removing it, but that means i’ll have to uninstall it and reinstall it whenever i go to play the game to run other video files on my computer.

Removed CCCP, same errors still occured.

I didn’t have any issues with the game. But I’m sad that you are.

oops sorry I doubled ugh my pc is acting wierd.

[ 12-25-2007, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: GogetaSS4 ]

You sure it’s just your PC? J/K! :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you try uninstalling all your OGG codecs? Do you have TCMP installed on your system? It comes with OGG codecs.

[ 12-26-2007, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: CDP5280 ]

Not sure what TCMP is, but theres a tool on the CCCP website that shows all the installed codecs. CCCP was the only one i had installed (this systems pretty clean windows was just reinstalled 2-3months back).

By TCMP I meant The Core Media Player ( http://www.corecoded.com/ ). Sorry, but I can’t think of anything else right now.

No i didnt have TCMP, i just use media player classic.

I have CCCP installed and my game runs perfectly fine. I believe the source of the problem lies somewhere else. I don’t believe you have a bad install either. It seems your computer has a problem opening/loading certain sound files. Is there another computer you can possibly test this game on?

I went ahead and tried on 2 other computers but am still having the same issue.

In fact on one computer the install wasnt even good. When i went to run the .exe file it gave me an error informing me that it was not a windows program.

The 3rd computer had the same sound issue, and had had no extra codec packs ever installed on it.

[ 12-31-2007, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: caliga ]