muv luv english patch

the english patch for the first game is ready
that cover both halves
i started the first route last night then started watching akane maniax anime to see the characters in anime form
the main character and main heroine make cameos in episode 3

Can you still buy this game DVD somewhere? [preferably new] I didn’t see it on erogeshop or paletweb…
Guess I could try special requesting it…

i don’t think so

Amazon Japan has the Renewal version, though the patch says it only works on the original. Or you can get the original DVD one used. I doubt you can find the original version new easily.

The game is out of print. There’s always a chance age will dlsite it like they did with Kimi ga Nozomu Eien but in the meantime you’ll have to go the old Amazon+Proxy route.

Although if/when that does happen, that’d possibly require them to do more hacking to get the patch to work with the dl version, and I can’t really see them being inclined to do that either. The all-ages versions have kind of superseded the originals too (looking at a review of Muv Luv all-ages that compares the two versions, they’ve changed the aspect ratio, increased the resolution, improved the production values, added extra CGs etc., plus the all-ages version is also the cheapest and I don’t think you’d be missing out on much with regards to the adult content) so ideally if they were only going to make a patch for one version, that would have been the logical choice. [edit: Here’s the formal Q&A for the all-ages version]