MySIMS

I think its aimed at very young kids. My 7 year old son was watching Viva pinta when he came running in begging that I buy MySims for his Wii. I let him play The Sims 2 on my computer but he finds it too hard.

MySims and the Sims 2 are different. MySims level is easy than the Sims 2. Because MySims’s rate is “E”. The Sims 2’s rate is “T”.

Having had this game for a couple weeks now, and noting how much I still play it, you’re right. The two games share many elements, but their two entirely different beasts.

MySIMS is simplistic as hell, but the appeal is that simplicity. Also, while the townies never evolve, they have a lot of personality - with the anime-cliche quirks they keep giving off.

Cute-yet-psychotic Yuki is just too much fun I might add. :stuck_out_tongue:

However while I love MySIMS, people who like The SIMS 2 might not feel the same.

Basically, MySIMS is aimed at an audience who felt The SIMS 2 was too complex or too “strategy” to find enjoyable. It takes out the “simulator” part, and boosts up the “automatic doll house” part of it.

I still like it though. But ONLY the Wii version.

On a sidenote, The SIMS 2 is just as cool. I’m installing the Teen Stuff expansion right now. Teen twincest… here I come (again). :stuck_out_tongue:

If you’re a SIMS 2 gamer, check out these REALLY, REALLY awesome looking Gothic buildings:

http://www.elitesimbuilders.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=1672#1672

Dude has so much talent, it’s scary. :eek:

EA made a press release last month, that My SIMS has sold over 1 million units. That being said: expect a sequel of some sort next year.

First The SIMS 2 expansion for 2008 has been revealed:

http://thesims2.ea.com/about/ep7_videos.php

Late Feb if rumors are true. Has “nightmare lots” (gothic perhaps?) and the supernatural creature is Medusa.

4 post in a row, on topic. Is that a grand slam for Nargrakhan?

It appears that The SIMS 2 FreeTime will be the last major expansion to the “second generation” of the game (we might get more “Stuff Packs”). The SIMS 3 is slated for a Fall/Winter 2008 release.

I stay on topic… usually… okay, so maybe not all that much. :stuck_out_tongue: