Need help with Japanese support in Windows ME

I recently found out that Windows ME should be able to display japanese in programs, but when i went to my regional settings in the control panel, it seemed like i had every language BUT japanese!!!
does anyone know where i can get that japanese language support pack? i have some japanese games i was hoping to purchase, but this is going to be tough if i can’t display japanese!

i’m very sorry to be so off-topic, but i am not sure where else to ask, and i like you guys!

LadyPhoenix,

To display Japanese text in Win 95/98/Me, you’ll need a Program like NJStar’s CJK Viewer Here’s the link for the free Demo:

http://www.njstar.com/njwin/download.htm

and of course the main web Page of NJStar:
http://www.njstar.com/

i wanted to upgrade to windows xp for exactly that reason, but then i was told by someone that windows me can do the same thing (multi-lingual), and that windows xp is a major control-freak, that it will shut down your system if it finds any program it doesn’t feel is ‘legal’ enough and that it forces automatic updates on you

quote:
Originally posted by Kumiko Kamiyama:
Just one insert note, here... WPA should not be of any insult to paying customers, as it is really not any different than any registration, keyed access, etc. Maybe a bit more elaborate, but the mechanics and the intent are identical - paying customers do this and have for years, so it's no big deal.

No, no, no, Kumiko-san. You are getting it wrong. Average users aren't concerned about the initial activation itself (which is cumbersome in its own right, and usually it is handled by the OEM manufacturer if you buy a prebuilt machine), but what happens afterwards. For instance, if you change your network card, it requires you to activate. If you change six devices during a period of less than six months, it will ask you to activate again. It begs the question of why, speciall those of us who are getting the software legally. (Remember, we are talking about average users who are more concerned on getting things running than check if somebody is making pirated installs of X software)

Well, since I use XP Pro, I’ll throw in my two cents worth.

-Product Activation really wasn’t a pain in the butt everybody made it out to be.

-I haven’t had any reactivation Problems and I’ve done two re-installs of the software, added an extra hard drive and expanded the memory. Granted having to Activate the product again on the re-installs was minorly inconvenient, but it was painless. (I activated both times on the Internet)

-From what I heard Windows XP generates an algorithim based on all the Hardware you have. If this algorihim varies within a certain preset parameter, then reactivation will occur.

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 11-21-2001).]

Listen to this guys. I have a English Windows ME and I can play Japanese game with no problem. I have no problem because I’m using different software. Will NJWIN is OK, But “Japanese Star 1.14 is much better.” The software I purchase was about 189.00 + shipping. This software is so cool. The game all I have works on Windows ME with Japanese Star 1.14. Also, I know the address to order that product. Are you guys need it?