New Black Cyc,metawo doing art,potential Mindead blood sequel! Everyone sound the fuck off

http://cyc-soft.com/b-cyc-pro/sadisticblood/chara01.html

Hah.  If Nargrakhan still stopped by, he’d probably have a thing or two to say about that.  Myself, after my experience with Euphoria, the dark side just doesn’t hold much interest for me.

This one totally slipped off my radar. I stopped following most eroge after huge disappointments. Plus I no longer live in Japan anymore. I’ll have to find a way to import it.

Anyone know if DenKare did the soundtrack?

EDIT

Learned that it’s not related to MinDeaD BlooD except for homages to character names and the title itself. Maybe an alternate universe. The scenario writer is rather vague about it:

http://blackcycblog.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-51.html

Also its a commercial success and pre-orders sold out:

http://blackcycblog.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-53.html

Also I don’t think DenKare did the soundtrack, given there’s no mention of New Wave Death Neko anywhere and lack of soundtrack being packaged. Guess they couldn’t afford Fairy Yui Karen anymore or maybe a scheduling issue. Pity.

*** EDIT 2
Saw several CG images. It has a fuck ton of guro, but is super censored. There’s no way to lower the censorship like Gore Scream Show.   Correction. The in game illustrations are not as heavily censored as the website sample images.

EDIT 3 ***
Shiny on VN Database has revealed the game recycles music assets from MinDeaD BlooD. He surmises that’s because it was made on a shoestring budget (and I agree on that assessment). So they used what they could get… has a DenKare soundtrack… just not a new one.

I’ll probably mail order the game at some point in the future, but not making it a huge priority. Seems great from what I understand (low budget short story in an alternate universe), but I’ll need a larger order to justify the postage costs. Or I’ll just wait whenever I do my “once every two year visit” to Japan vacation.

ignore this post

I really don’t have the feel for this game, but good to see Nandemonai and Nargra again :slight_smile:

@Nargrakhan do you have an alert set up or something? How do you show up on the day of release? I’m super bummed to hear it’s an alternate universe. I assumed it was a mid-level thing like Ageha Extravaganza or Magen Kairou 1.5. Although given the 2 main endings of Mindead Blood,I knew something was fishy.

A friend of mine who still plays VN’s regularly informed me. He was shopping for secondhand titles at Softmap and happen to see it in the new game section. MinDeaD BlooD has a distinctive font and SaDistic BlooD uses it.

I suppose it would be hard to make a plot sequel to MinDeaD considering the endings. IIRC (its been years since I played it), there were at least three possible “true” endings, because they had a unique vocal song to them:

#1: Shizuru x Saki ending from the original release where Yuuka absorbs the Blood Tree and exiles herself, then Shizuru dies from the injuries he sustained in the final battle (but leaves Saki with his child).

#2: Shizuru x Harem ending from the fan disc where Shizuru embraces the dark side, absorbs the Blood Tree, becomes lord of the vampires with all the heroines as his brides, and kills the last vampire hunters in Japan.

#3: Shizuru x Yuuka ending from the complete edition where the duo become the world’s greatest vampire hunter team.

Nargrakhan said:
This one totally slipped off my radar. I stopped following most eroge after huge disappointments. Plus I no longer live in Japan anymore. I'll have to find a way to import it.
Welcome back to the board (though you're probably already gone again) Narg!  You'll probably be able to get it fairly easily via download stores nowadays.

Oh, and Happy New Year!

I might drop in once every two weeks or so… probably just to lurk… not much happening on this forum to justify daily visits.

Not following much eroge these days. Not for lack of interest or time, but because very little seems to appeal to me anymore. That’s not to say I think the quality in eroge has dropped… just that I’m a lot more selective than I ever was before.

SaDistic BlooD does get me on the nostalgia though.

Huh,so you do come here then Narg? I guess I'll have to browse more then too. I wish they would go back to giving character measurements,I wanna know how big Shizuha's bazongas are. IN other news, It looks like Metawo and Banya are moving offices/the site for monochrome metal?
https://bankey.x.fc2.com/monometa/

They say they're quit busy,but I never know what they're doing. I wonder if Eroge is a side hustle for them? I feel they're new art is strange somehow. I like SB better than Mushigurui hen style wise.

Edit: Narg you're confused ending 1 is actually 2 different endings. [spoiler] The first is when Shizuru barely talks to Yuuka. He discovers his past and gets stabbed by Mana after killing Daigo. He takes medicine to try and become human again. Saki goes to TRansylvania with the child. Curiously This one lacked any ending theme as far as I could tell,precluding it from being a potentially canon end. The other end had a mix of the Shizuru and Saki romance which led not just to the vampire revelation about Yuuka,but that her mother was a vampire as well. This is the end where Yuuka gets the blood and wrecks Daigo,but Shizuru is still alive and I can't remember what him and Saki do. Curiously, you said the vampire hunter ending,what you call 4 got the most lavish treatment in the remake. I woud have assumed that the ending I just describes was canon based on what happens. Not only does Yuuka get the ending Sakura Chiru,but during the final lead-up the opening theme song Vampire plays while Yuuka is killing vamps left and right.[/spoiler]

http://cyc-soft.com/netshop_beye/top.htm
They're having a summer sale with an unreleased telephone card from Gore Scraming Show,as well as 3 old ones. You know way back in like January of 2016,Metawo released some drawing of Gore in honor of the 10th anniversary,makes me wonder if they're planning a remake,maybe for the 15 year anniversary?

I'm curious what people would want in a remake,the changes,because I don't think everyone wants the same game just bigger and with better art.

Here you go :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEhA9RQz0rs

I just wanted to crawl out of my hole to just say one belated thing:

“The madlads actually did it.” You motherfuckers got us a real BlackCyc game in official English. Brav-the-fuck-o, JASTUSA. You’re enshrined twice on my altar of eroge heroes. I hope it sells like hot cakes to financially justify future BlackCyc ventures. Standing ovation you magnificent bitches. You still know how to make a horny old man cry.

Anyone know where the new monochrome Metal cat site is? I followed the link there from VNDB,but the notice says the site is moving,but no idea where. I was hoping to see if they had posted a new development diary since January,but that notice about moving was posted last year in April,Im worried they’re just going to let the site lapse. :# :s :confused: :’(

Nargrakhan said:

*** EDIT 3 ***
Shiny on VN Database has revealed the game recycles music assets from MinDeaD BlooD. He surmises that's because it was made on a shoestring budget (and I agree on that assessment). So they used what they could get... has a DenKare soundtrack... just not a new one.

I'll probably mail order the game at some point in the future, but not making it a huge priority. Seems great from what I understand (low budget short story in an alternate universe)

So is the shoestring the reason magic didn't reprise his role as J J?

So I didn’t know where to put this,but it is Black Cyc adjacent. As you may or may not know, in 2010 Metawo and Banya Izumi left Black Cyc and made a doujin software company called monochrome metal cat,and released a very short,very gorey adventure game called Shikabane maid and the brutal master. It was their only game, and the demo is free. Anyways, this was posted on the development blog:

Lurker said:
2022/1/11

?2022????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????¬Ö¬Ö????????????????????????????????????????

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

???

???¬Ö¬Ö???

<br>
					??????????????????????????????????<br>
					??????????????????</span></div>

Now I won't regard what this says as spoilers,since they reference the tower in the demo. Basically They want to make an RPG eroge game with the dead maid as an adventurer-boukensha-climbing to the very top. I'd like this if they could get a massive budget for the game. imagine an isometric 2d style rpg like dragon quest but then you get event CGs and scenes showing you what the scenery really looks like.