New *Complete* B-game Fan Translations

Okay, I’ll give you an overview of my computer.

Motherboard: ECS K7S5A Pro (no LAN)
CPU: AMD Athlon Thunderbird, 1333MHz, 256KB
Memory: 512MB SDRAM
Video card: nVidia GeForce4 Ti4200, 128MB
OS: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (5.1 - 2600).
Sound card: Terratec Aureon Sky 5.1
DirectX 9c

Service Pack 2 or my sound card are the probable culprits, then. The sound card is especially suspicious since the game crashes very rarely when voices are disabled.

I’m running a 6.14.x driver for my ti 4600

The game just randomly crashes, there is no set spots. I ended up having o copy the music iles over to my install directory.

I’m using a oem sb live 5.1 card. The only driver that works with it is a ancient oem 5,1 driver that came with the card. 5.12

I suppose the sound could be the problem, but all my crashes seem to be when the game is accessing text. I suppose it could be the voice too. I did notice that the english patched file was much more stable than the original japanese version. I’ll have to reinstall compatibility mode for win2k server and see if it makes any difference.

Hm, I installed the compatibility service for win2k, and set it to 98 compatibility. So far the game seems stable, when i get into it later tonight, I will really find out though. It sure is nice playing with music

Well, it didnt help a bit. I finally made it through the game though. I ended up getting judys ending.

Is it me, or all the women too damn loveable?

[This message has been edited by smog (edited 03-17-2005).]

bt, I am running a similar setup to yours.

Operating System: Windows 2000 Server (5.0, Build 2195) Service Pack 4
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-6380E
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Athlon™ Processor, ~1.3GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 285MB used, 961MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINNT
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Chip type: GeForce4 Ti 4600
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6693 (English)
Description: SB Live! Wave Device
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.3509 (English)

I have some serious crashing problems, byt I managed to finally get through the game. I will be picking up a used copy of the game off yja, and I will see if it makes any difference.

I must congratulate you though. This is one of the best engilsh translated games I have played. Very nice translation. Kudos to you man.

quote:
Originally posted by smog:
Very nice translation. Kudos to you man.

I have to agree. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Thankfully I've got a work-around for the crashing now (by turning off the voices), though it's not a fix.

Let’s consider the MP3 codec, then. Let’s see, I can’t really remember exactly, but I think I’m using winLAME. You can try if it makes a difference, but do so at your own peril.

http://winlame.sourceforge.net/

The music works fine though, and doesn’t crash the game. I don’t think it’s the MP3 codec.

Any news on a way to set the non-adult flag?

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
The music works fine though, and doesn't crash the game. I don't think it's the MP3 codec.

The music isn't MP3. It's either CDA or PCM, which means it's wav.

I know it isnt the music, because I had the same problems before I even installed the music.

I figure maybe voice.

I finally got a chance to get the CF2 game and tried the patch. I seemed to get error when loading it, so i reinstalled the game and tired it w/o the patch and it loaded fine.

It seems something is wrong with the game00.dat that is replaced because when i use the original game00.dat with the CF2R.exe file it doesn’t crash (albiet it doesn’t entirely load either, just goes to a black screen with no menus).

All I can say is that it worked fine for me. The problems I did come across were present in the unpatched version as well.

Obviously. My problem as i said is not with the game itself because i can run it fine even w/o win98 compatability mode. Its with the patch…its weird.

This is a resurection, but I have encountered a new problem.

I recently reinstalled windows 2k and reinstalle dthe game. For some reason, every time I try to load one of my old saved games, the thing crashes, but the game plays fine if I start a new game…

Anyone else experience this?

Did you backup ALL the files necessary to replay the saved games? Maybe it requires several files, and you only backed up some of them? I don’t know how it works for this game as I haven’t played it myself.

Oh, and also:

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
I didn’t play very far because I can’t. But yes, I tried Win98 compatibility mode. That has the curious effect of making all the saved games unloadable…

Try switching it either on or off, maybe?

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 05-13-2005).]

I’ve determined the game is just weird.

Seems like sometimes my new saves crash it also, its like gambling with the odds against you hehe.

I remember that it was a no-no to save and load a game from certain chapters/subchapters. In that case, you just have to play past that to a point where you can save. Which of course means you have to get past the crashing, often leading to a seemingly endless loop of crashing and corruption for me. I found that disabling the sound solved the crashing, enabling me to get past the problem points and save.

Where do people find these crashes??

I still can’t play the translated version, but i don’t use even the win98 compatability option and i’ve had no problems…