New Mangagamer licenses? (Update: Partial confimations)

shouldn’t Higurashi come out soon

December. Expect Soul Link to come out first.
http://forums.akiba-ch.com/viewtopic.ph … t=40#p3774

soul link would work for me
i have wanted to play that since i saw the anime
lets hope they have the soul link extension content

Well, it’s still not official but I’m interested in Soul Link and would buy it for sure.

Soul Link was pretty mean with the many choices leading to bad endings - had a fair bit of difficulty getting through a few segments of the game. Thankfully after that portion it becomes pretty easy to ‘clear’ and get every route.

Not picking on you particularly, but why do people keep wanting/expecting localized English versions of Japanese eroge to have more content than the original versions? Aren’t they setting their expectations a bit too high?

The release of Persona 3 FES spoiled us :lol:

I think it might be an expectation that evolved from the console wars, and the way ports are handled. Whenever you port a game from another system to the Xbox 360, and also the PS3 I think, you have to have to introduce added content–this is enforced by Microsoft and Sony. This, along with the re-release phenomenon, has made users come to expect that whenever a new version of an old game comes out, it’ll somehow be improved over the original.

In addition, we tend to see a lot of older games localized in the eroge industry compared to mainstream fare. As game quality has improved in many ways over time, people not unreasonably expect that if they’re buying an older game they should get something in return–either a price cut (which we do get), additional content, or both. If we were seeing games localized within 1-2yrs of the Japanese release, this expectation probably wouldn’t be so prominent.

got this email from them a few minutes ago

The two titles that were put off from the site,
“My Sex Slave is a Classmate” and “Suck My Dick or Die”
will be available for purchase again starting this weekend.
We apologize for the inconvinience this may have caused.

• “My Sex Slave is a Classmate” October 16th
  • “Suck My Dick or Die” October 30th

Nice. Now that’s a lot more like it.

I got it, too. I’d rather see “The Queen and Princess as Your Rewards”, though…

Well, if we get Ryoujoku Guerilla, we may still have a shot at the rest of the series.

While pulling the games temporarily might’ve been a purely precautionary measure…I suspect that’s not the full story–they’ve probably altered the games in some way to cover their bases.

Since they do have a “censored” or “uncensored” tag for their games, maybe they just didn’t remove the mosaic.

Sex Slave is a Classmate only had 2 uncensored images, if I recall correctly, when it released originally. It’ll be interesting to see if they’ve left the game alone for the most part.

But yeah, I too would much rather have Q&P than SMDoD. Though if it had come out today instead of the 30th, I’d be all over it anyway.

I have the original release of Sex Slave
roughly 95%+ is uncensored
a few scenes are still censored ( 1 or 2 if I recall )
and due to a bug ( I believe ) 1 scene wont trigger with the secretary so you can’t get 1 of her CGs

I’v followed many Japanese guides and cannot get that last scene to appear. I’v extracted the data from the game and the image IS their and IS uncensored ( that’s how I know it’s with the secretary ) but the scene and CGs related to it will not show up. I’v asked around and i’m not the only one with this issue.
I’ll take a picture of the missing scene in case anyone has gotten it.

Edit:
Major spoilers

Scene gallery:
http://img207.imageshack.us/i/mssiacm1.jpg/

CG gallery:
http://img98.imageshack.us/i/mssiacm.jpg/

The missing CG:
http://img340.imageshack.us/i/lcsebody000248.png/

Theirs 3 versions of the CG, i will not post the other versions of it and will not give out the CGs
If the mods want me to remove any of these images i will.

Edit 2:
Checked the CGs again
only 3 are censored, all involve Ayane

Spoilers!
All are during rape scenes but one is very…odd…
When Ayane is being raped outside the guy giving her anal ( right side of the image ) is uncensored
But the guy forcing his penis in her mouth ( left side of the image ) is censored.
This makes me think that the images were redrawn and not originally uncensored.

So they pulled one of the most questionable games in their lineup not to censor it, but to uncensor it? Bizarre…they couldn’t publicly announce their intentions…why?

Wait, what’s going on again? The original release of Sex Slave had mosaiced scenes, right? Did they actually de-mosaic those in the rerelease?

@Lipp: Have you posted on MG’s forum about the bug with the last scene? Or has this bug been fixed with the recent rerelease?

I believe Lipp is talking about the original release, not the re-release. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5373&start=25#p82541

I give up.