New survey at G-Collections

Knights of Xentar IS a bishoujo game.

Anze is an angel that, shortly before she goes back to heaven, is sort of a catgirl, yes.

There’s also the one in Fairy Nights [whose name escapes me].

Well, if we have to resort to Anze as a catgirl for a few minutes, we may as well mention the catgirl in XC2…

I don’t think I ever said that the majority of bishoujo game fans are on this board. Of course, this is the single best place to find knowledgeable and passionate bishoujo gaming fans, and I’m proud to know you all. But as with all things, we’re all just one piece in the mosaic that is the larger group. There are many kinds of fans, including a sizeable group I see at anime conventions every year who love the games but don’t seem interested in getting Internet connections. I scratch my head in wonder, but “juu nin to iro” as they say in Japanese (“ten people, ten different colors”).

Cool. They’re actually asking us for their opinion. Its like voting in the election but in this I actually wanna vote. Oh did anyone think up of title names for these yet?

here, here Peter.

Title names for what? They could use the same names and just give as an english translation under it. I don’t care as long as the game comes to R1 land

We should vote for option 6, make them pick up fortuna

[This message has been edited by smog (edited 06-29-2004).]

Well… they were asking for title ideas. But personally, I agree–they ought to just leave the original titles intact and/or use an English translation. For example, I think Minna de Nyan-nyan pretty much sums it up… why change a good thing?

I agree. I think that most people could easily infer what it means even without a translation. They’ve left “Tsukushite Agechau 4” alone, and that would be the one to change if any. I’m glad they left it. And they did get the English translation under the title. Why start changing the names of the games? What would they call it anyway, Hollywood Mew Mew?

The Cat’s Meow

quote:
Originally posted by bishounen_blue:
What would they call it anyway, Hollywood Mew Mew? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Actually Fox Kids has retreated from the name "Hollywood Mew mew" and said there'd be otaku-friendly releases

quote:
Of course, this is the single best place to find knowledgeable and passionate bishoujo gaming fans, and I'm proud to know you all.

Aww... ^_^
And the community is still growing, too. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]
A week ago, a friend came over, and I discovered that he knew of bishoujo games, and further informed him. He had played True Love, and I recommended him Tokimeki Check-in!.
Some months ago I had sent him Princess Maker 2, heh. I wonder if he discovered the genre after that by himself when I showed him that game and tried to introduce him to the genre. I should ask him.
Anyway, he's going to start buying soon, when he earns money from his vacation job, so that's one more fan. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Yeah… My roommate started expressing a passing interest in Brave Soul when he realized that I’d been playing the thing constantly for weeks… he figured it must be good–and then he saw a little T&A on the CD, and his curiousity was piqued. Sadly, he’s so buried in techie stuff, I’m not sure I’ll ever get him to seriously consider playing the game… but there are people out there who would be interested in bishoujo if they only knew

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Actually Fox Kids has retreated from the name "Hollywood Mew mew" and said there'd be otaku-friendly releases

Yeah thank god they did, and they are also letting funi do a uncut release of shaman king and Yugioh. Though I'm not sure Yugioh is fox, it was part of the press release about what funi is planning on releasing.

Otaku friendly Tokyo Mew Mew? Really? Ah… thank God! I was buying the Japanese manga before the anime was even made. It’s so cute. Have they set a release date for it?

Not sure when, it’s still all preliminary. Hopefully we’ll get more info soon. Just hope they dont’ back out of it.

Back to the original topic!
(sometimes, I do these things too… )

Today, I finally decided to participate in the survey and instead of simply picking from the given list, I decided to try giving them a new direction with two suggestions from D.O… After all, D.O. proved to have the best authors for their stories with Kana, Crescendo and to some extent even Sensei2. So I thought that

• Kazoku keikaku
  • Sumeragi no Mikotachi

should be interesting as well, the first mainly for the story and the second for the gameplay.

* hides from the tomatos and lemons that all the neko-maniacs throw at me *

Haha hope you cad dodge really well but I hope they read your email and maybe decide to bring those games over too.

Yeah… chances are they’ll just say, “Huh? These weren’t on the list.”