New to these types of games - looking for suggestions

I own both games and I found Little My Maid to be very confusing. This is one of those games where you navigate around a house and you have to get certain scenes to show up to get specific endings… Some games aren’t too bad as they provide hints, but LMM gets very hard to figure out if you ask me.

One of the things that will confuse a lot of gamers is that the game provides meters for “love”, “trust”, etc., for each girl but in reality they have very little to do with anything. The endings are determined in the same manner as any other adventure game.

Tokimeki Check-In! is more of your standard adventure game. Most people should be able to obtain at least one of the happy endings with any girl that they like. A few of the endings, such as the “secret” endings are somewhat random as to what you have to do to get them, but there are FAQs out there.

I’m new to this genre too; I just started playing “Secret Wives Club,” and I like it a lot. It’s got several things I like: (1) Japanese voices, which is great for practicing my lousy Japanese; (2) Pretty mature women – I like the “older woman seduces me” thing; (3) nice artwork. Haven’t gotten to any hentai yet, but I’m sure it’s coming.

Are there other games that have these elements too?

Hmm, can’t figure out how to edit the above post, so I wanted to add a couple of other things that would appeal to me. (4) No rape or sexual violence. A little light bondage is OK, but nothing nonconsensual. (5) As I mentioned above, mature women – the older the better. (6) Downloadable would be nice but isn’t a requirement – I have a fast connection, and it only took me a few minutes to download the game I’m playing now.

What games fit the bill?

Hmm, that’s a hard request to follow there Vincent. lol

So to summarize you’re looking for games that can be purchased via download(as preferred method), have older women, no rape/dark themes?

What makes this hard is that there aren’t a lot of games with strictly older women in them… There are those that have one or two paths for an older woman, for example Maria in ‘The Sagara Family’ or Kaori in ‘Crescendo’. If you’re ok with that I can muster up a list of games that have an older woman path available in them.

I truly loved Ever 17 as well, and felt much the same way as you, about feeling other games would be hard to match it. I was also fond of Tsugumi as well. I’m sorry I can’t give an estimate on play time for Tokimeki Check-in, it’s been forever since I played it last. All in all I’d say it’s decent sized though.

[ 01-07-2008, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Dalburnan ]

Heart de Roommate is a great game to. It’s done in a episodic style, complete with “Next time on Heart de Roommate” trailers between each episode, and even a recap episode or two. The true ending for Asumin though is a bit of a tear jerker. This is one of my top 3 H-games the other 2 being The Sagara Family, and X-Change 3.

I’d also recommend Tsukihime if your into the horror movies/books, specificly vampires. I’m not real positive if it’s still available for sell, but if it is you would have to import it from Japan then download an english patch from Mirror Moon, who is also working a Fate/Stay Night patch. There is a anime based off it which was released in the US by Geneon titled Tsukihime: Lunar Legend, and manga released by Drmaster, Tsukihime: Blue blue glass moon, under the crimson air. Havent read the manga, but the game is much better than anime since you get more information on each character as you play through their path.

They don’t make Tsukihime anymore. It’s only available via overpriced auctions and overpriced used copies at places like Softmap. Seriously overpriced. I’ve seen a mint copy unopened go for hundreds of dollars. :stuck_out_tongue:

Since this is a suggestion thread, I highly recommend that game to you! The music for Yume Miru Kusuri is of the best I’ve heard in H-games! The story is very deep and there are morals you can learn from it.

[ 01-09-2008, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: reck ]

Since this is a suggestion thread, I highly recommend that game to you! The music for Yume Miru Kusuri is of the best I’ve heard in H-games! The story is very deep and there are morals you can learn from it. [/QB][/QUOTE]

It had morals? If it did explain Mizuki’s path 'cause
I didn’t get it, even when I finished it i still didn’t get it.

Mizuki’s is actually the hardest to understand(and explain, of course). Basically, the game exploits 3 struggling problems society faces, especially for high school students. These are: Drugs(Nekoko), Bullying(Aeka), and Interpersonal(Mizuki). If you can recall from the game, Mizuki faces issues with herself and society, often saying she isn’t afraid to die because her life is worth nothing. She does not look forward to anything in life, but seeks the pleasures of life and lives everyday like it is her last. I don’t think the moral(s) Mizuki’s path expresses can be summarized in just one sentence though. I’ll need to put more thought into it, but I’ll need to replay the game. You can read more about Interpersonal here.

[ 01-09-2008, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: reck ]

Well, I don’t mean fifty-year-olds – just women older than 20. :slight_smile: An example: about the only other game I’ve played is “Kango Shiaczuwa”, and the only female character I was really interested in was Kaede, the oldest woman in the game. I’d like more games that are focused on women like that. :slight_smile:

Were you thinking of Tsukibako?

Ok, well if one older woman path works here’s a list of titles you could look into.

Personal recommendations:

The Sagara Family- One older woman, Maria. There is also her two eldest daughters, both around/above collage age. I really do recommend this one, it has about the same amount of H focus as Secret Wives club. It has a good plot, and it’s funny.

Crescendo- One older woman, Kaori. Suppose you could also consider his step sister as being older as well. This is another one I really recommend to just about everyone. The stories are really well done.

Titles that meet your request, but I can’t really praise:

Bazooka Cafe- Ages range from 22-27 on all four women.

Come See Me Tonight- One older woman, Chidori, and her eldest daughter Misago.(Although it’s hard to consider her ‘older’ considering her personality.)

Come See Me Tonight 2- One older woman, Minami.

Do You Like Horny Bunnies 2?- Sumika, although she’s around the same age as the main character, so I don’t know if that’s still considered ‘older’.

There are others that contain older women such as Gibo, Tsuki, and Hitome, but they have darker game elements which you said you weren’t looking for. Chain may or may not be another one to look into, I can’t say if it has darker content or not, as I haven’t personally played it.

I feel like I’m forgetting some, but hopefully this will give you some ideas of things to look into.

Thanks; those recommendations are very helpful!

The upcoming Family Project game has a mother figure that I believe is also a love intrest. There are also several surrogate sisters , one or more of them may be older.

This, of course, is one of those title’s I’m looking forward too as well.

And you’re welcome Vincent.

Just a note about Crescendo: Although it’s a great game, and it does have some older women in it, it doesn’t fit the other criteria that you mention, as there are a few dark themes and rape (only on certain paths though).

I -completely- forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me. Crescendo has two rape scenes, although one I’m not sure you’d really call a rape scene because of the fact she allows, and secretly wanted him.(Extremely debatable.) The other isn’t done by the main character.

I still do recommend this game, however. Kaori’s path contains none of this.

How firm is this requirement? I myself have the same requirement – the dark themed games are totally off-limits – but many works of fine literature have featured rape as a major plot point, and it works just fine. I would recommend Crescendo even though technically there is some content of this type in it. By far and away there is not – it is even possible to complete some characters’ paths without any sex at all – but there is a very small amount of NC stuff.

I really do have to agree with this statement, and in the case of Crescendo I feel this applies. Both instances were there to build plot and make the reader/player feel emotion towards the characters.

[SPOILERS]

Actually, I don’t think I would have cared for Yuka as much as I did if she had not been raped. It worked well in that perspective, but it doesn’t make it any easier to watch.

[/SPOILERS]