New to these types of games - looking for suggestions

Yume Miru Kisuri is a good game it’s ranked as one of my all time top 5 games.

Yume Miru Kisuri is a wonderful game although Ive only played about an hour of it so far.

That, True Love, and Three Sisters Story stand out as my faves. However, I’ve only played about 10 or so H-games and I’m looking forward to playing more soon.

Kana Little Sister is an excellent game but it’s kinda sad.

Kana would be a logical step (heart wrenching as it is).

Yume Miru Kusuri has quite a bit of hentai compared to Kana. But it’s like 3 complete stories. Superb artwork and voice work, music too.

Crescendo is really good too, lots of replay and the characters are very well done. Great artwork and sound here too.

Those are the 3 I would put up there with Ever17 for replay value, story and characters.

I also agree about Crescendo. It’s a good game I’ve played it a few times as well.

[ 12-23-2007, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: GogetaSS4 ]

Nocturnal Illusion. It has a rather strong story and great music, and it’s really cheap (it comes with another game too). It’s extremely linear, but it’s very easy to get all endings (just save right before, you get to pick).

I also hear good things about (but have not yet played) Figures of Happiness. Family Project (upcoming) is also supposed to be very good.

There is also a fannotated version of Tsukihime available. Good luck getting a copy of the game though.

I would also recommend Longest Journey and Planescape: Torment.

Nocturnal Illusion comes with May Club which is good.

I recommend Hitomi My Stepsister another others would disagree.

Longest Journey and Longest Journey Dreamfall.

Figures of Happiness was good I liked that one. Hitomi My Step Sister was pretty good too.

[ 12-23-2007, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: GogetaSS4 ]

Yume Miru Kisuri has a total of 3 paths, all of which have little to no plot cross over, making it feel like an entirely new game each play through. The best part is none of them are short either.(This one is my second favorite after Ever 17.)

Crescendo has a total of 5 paths, and one that’s unlocked after. Good story, not heavy on H, and has a good size length of play time.

Private Nurse might also be in your interest. It has 3 paths, though I’ve only played through the main two, so I can’t comment for the third, but they were both good sized play times.

Kana is another good one story wise, though depressingly sad.

I could recommend several others, but they’re all heavier on the H, and I’m not sure that’s what you’re looking for. For example, the Sagara Family and X-change Alternate both have good stories, but are more H and humor based rather then serious. You might also try Figures of Happiness, as the story was interesting, although the paths cross over enough that it makes it harder to enjoy replays.(I also wasn’t too fond of the art style, but that’s just me being picky.) I do know quite a few people who greatly enjoyed it, however.

I agree with those pointing out Yume Miru Kisuri. Definitely a good game and one to start with. Others that are a bit better include the previously mentioned Crescendo and Kana - Little Sister. Hitomi wasn’t bad, though it’s a bit darker than Crescendo and Kana. If you can get your hands on it True Love(my first game :o ) is excellent to play.

You made some excellent choices. Those are all great games. I enjoy each of those.

Unfortunately, in two weeks you’ll have finished all the good games translated in english…

Seems our only hope is to learn japanese.

No kidding. I just finished Japanese 102. I’m going to work on it a bit more (more kanji) then I might try an eroge. Probably I’ll start by reading manga though (easier, I think).

Private Nurse is a good one too, just finished my first playthrough and it’s top notch.

Yin-yang X-Change Alternate is hilarious and fun. I recommend that wholeheartedly along with pretty much everything else people have recommended so far. (Especially Yumi).

Am i the only one here that thinks it’s disturbing to see a man, changed in a women, that will sleep with other men ?

i playd the first X-change and the scene with the gym teacher was… lol

if I were to become a woman someday (seems a lot of chemical products can turn you into a woman), I would definitively be a lesbian.

[ 01-05-2008, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: le nuage ]

No, I also find that kind of weird. I guess that’s a reason I haven’t really given those games a try yet.

[ 01-08-2008, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: reck ]

Tokimeki. No question. Watch out though, the decision tree is somewhat odd in that one. Who would guess that sweeping a floor first vs just mopping it can send your entire decision down a different path…?

I agree in the fact I really didn’t care for X-Change 1-3 for the same reasons. However, Yin-Yang X-Change Alternate was done in a way where you could avoid male interactions depending on the paths you chose.

Back on subject however.

I second the suggestion for Tokimeki between those two. I just can’t really recommend Little My Maid to anyone, because it feels pretty empty on story, and it’s really hard to enjoy any replays.

Seconded; Tokimeki is even a better game than LMM (IMO of course), and it also matches your criteria more :slight_smile: