Next Purchase, comments?

It’s about the time that I make the list for my next big purchase of Japanese games. Before I commit to anything though, I want to know what the ‘word on the street’ is about them (if anything at all) and whether they really would be a good purchase.

1. Harayomesan wa Elfhime -http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/8903, by Norn

Relatively inexpensive Elf girls, need I say more? :smiley:

1. Mashou no Nie -http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/578, by Liquid

Lots of Fantasy oriented fun.

1. Ryoujoku Guerrilla Gari -http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/5337, by Liquid

A darker game, more towards abuse and stockholm syndrome…

1. Koihime Musou -http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/5966, by Base Son

Seems very interesting, along with an almost ridiculously large cast. :shock:

1. Sodatetemiryu? -http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/3153, by Crowd

Two words: Girl Evolution.

So, you’re comments please. Good points, bad points, etc. Please let me know before I plunk down $300+ for them.

This game has so much sex, it covers just about everything: twosomes, threesomes, loli, twincest, double sisters, virgins (and how), traps, dark skin girls, nerdy girls, tomboys, etc, etc, etc. The graphics are also beautiful - and I love many of the character designs. Insanity ensues.

The sheer volume of sex is impressive…

So, that game apparently deserves some attention from me too.
After all, I already have it installed for some months, but yet didn’t even start a serious try of a playthrough because it seems a bit… hmmm… what is the next bigger expressin than “huge”? :shock:

can i check with you guys,i would like to know is the japanese games that you guys mention got english subtitles and japan voice,is’t the japanese games all have censored or not,i prefer uncensored,i find out that is’t interesting,before i purchase the oppai baka wanted to confirm with you guys,if the games censored and japan subtitles i would not buy.

All Japanese games that are going to be mentioned on this board are pure Japanese (if they had English subtitles they would be mentioned on the English board), and for legal reasons, mosaic’d H scenes.
So, no, if you don’t know Japanese you probably don’t want any of them.

EDIT: Oh, and re: the thread; I haven’t even heard of any of those games, but they’re sub-3000ers, and I don’t know much about those.

Oppai Baka is a standard Japanese release (censored with mosaic and Japanese language only), assuming that’s the game you’re referring to.

I’m wondering if Koihime Musou was purchased after all?

Currently watching the anime for it, and am really liking the characters in it. I took a look at the game it was based on, and it’s indeed HUGE cast. I’d definitely would like to see it done for translation. The art looks breath-taking in it. However, since there is an anime for it as well now, I guess I can take it as a “heh it’ll never get an english translation now” stance on it no?

Since it has such a large cast and so forth, I’d be willing to shell out more for it.

Man, does this thread take me back. For the record I ended up purchasing 1 - 4, only 2 and 4 were worth it though. So to answer Opticalsky, yes I did buy it. :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way, it looks like there’s a sequel/new edition(?) coming out a called “Shin Koihime Musou” (ErogeShop, Getchu), anyone know anything about it?

I think I know about it:

[list=1]
[] Some characters, that were not present in the first part have been added to the cast[/]
[] Apparently, the story continues[/]
[] I am going to preorder it - soon[/][/list]

Also, according to the getchu page, it’s going to be double the length of the original, and they’ve added around 20 characters to the cast (all up, it looks like there are 51 females). There are 7 artists and 7 writers working on it :shock:. It’s definitely the game I’m most looking forward to (well, amongst the titles that are currently available for pre-order).

They made something outstanding, even more outstanding. Hard to believe it’s only an eroge retelling of the Romance of Three Kingdoms. It’s amazing how easy something so boring, can be so much more entertaining with nubile young girls instead of old soggy men. :stuck_out_tongue:

If only they’d remake the American Civil War like that. :wink:

I get a bad feeling that it’ll never get translated. :cry:

MangaGamers is in contact with the parent company of who publishes that game. If MG earns a lot of profit from their venture, they might translate it…

Currently they’re your best chance.

That’s just sad, a company that has a poor record and does download-only, is still considered untranslated in my eyes even if they did it.

Be that as it may, the proverbial cards have been dealt. It’s up to you to place your bets or fold the game. MG has access to what you want, and MG promises to improve if given another chance. The future of getting the game translated for the West is more or less in your hands.

Sometimes you gotta play with the Devil to get a mircale to happen. :wink:

Even if they managed to get it licensed, and translate it. I still want it on disc, I don’t like the whole download thing. They already had a few chances, and pretty much blew them, even after their “re-release” of edelweiss, they still messed it up. If i’m going to pay GOOD money (especially what they want), I expect near perfection.

I understand your frustration - and can even agree with you - however the opportunity has presented itself; and it might very well be the only chance. So it not reaching American shores has nothing to do with a lack of willingness by the original publisher. Poorly presented? Sure… but offered nonetheless. It’s sorta like political negotiations: you either have the chance to get something that’s only a little bit of what you want, or you have the chance of getting nothing at all. Both options are completely your choice to make. You’ve been given that choice by MG.

Me? I learned Japanese. So I really don’t care about the ultimate outcome. But for those who don’t know Japanese and/or don’t have the inclination to? Your options aren’t as easy as mine.

It’s becoming a take it or leave it option. Neither is right or wrong: but one will get it to US shores much more likely than the other. Hoping that PP gets the ball if it’s dropped, might be an incredibly wild chance that never happens. So if MG dies, and all hope for this title Americanized dies with it: know that it could have happened.

They, uh, did what now???

Actually, that is the main reason why I think a localization of Koihime Musou is unlikely: “Romance of the three kingdoms” may be one of the masterworks of asian literature, but it is not really popular here…
Nonetheless I actually enjoyed reading the real thing before I started playing the game - at least until the great rulers became replaced with increasingly incompetent succesors! As for a really striking example: Liu Shan! (Ah, if only that simpleton Zhao Yun wouldn’t have risked his life for him when he still was an infant…) :x :evil: :x

However, I still think that I would prefer the entire concept being applied to “Water Margin” instead of “Romance of the three kingdoms”… :wink:

You mean, something like “North and South - the bishoujo game”?
ducks

They increased the cast, dummy! :wink:

strangely enough, I was thinking about checking the books out for it. I think I might still do that.