Nicole Wagner's Review of GIBO

I finally received the game, today, and already I played through it. To my surprise, Gibo has 14 endings, which includes a secret ending! (Ooooo…) My first run of the game, I got a bad ending … so it does give a bit challenging … and it’s very hard to play the “good boy” in this game. Heck, I don’t recommend the game to those who dislike incest (Even if they are cousins, stepsisters, and stepmothers) … because that is all there is in this game!

The sex scenes are very graphic, and the game includes some S&M, Black Mail themes, Phone Sex (That’s a first for an American Translated Bishoujo Game), Cos-play, Train perverts, and “toy” play. There is also a seen where you and one of the three main characters has sex, but she is a virgin, so expect blood. Also, I found the male organ (You know what I’m talking about, people!) Was invisible in a few scenes, but not many.

The backgrounds remind me a lot of playing Critical Point, due to the fact they are computer generated 3-D backgrounds … but it also includes photo backgrounds, as well! (Like showing cherry blossoms and the inside of an adult toy store, and even he street!)

What seems to be an interesting thing for this game, is the “Lewd” and “Love” meters. Depending on your choices, you’re love for your mother will increase, or your perverted acts will increase … this DOES effect the game. (Like if you are too perverted, you will get a bad ending, or end up in some perverted route.) I even found out that some choices can reduce some of the meters! Depending on the ending you want, you must choose wisely, and keep your eye on the meters.

The sound is okay … it’s not as diverse as other games, but you get over it. The 3 main female characters have voices, and the actresses seem to do a rather good job at it. It’s a shame that there appear to be only 3 female characters in this game. I was hoping for more, but hey, beggars cannot be Choosers.

The characters are drawn pretty well, if I must say. It’s a unique style of drawing I have never seen, before, and you easily come to enjoy it. It’s nice to see a change in Anime style, after playing so many games.

A new feature in Bishoujo Games that I have never seen (but others may have … so it wouldn’t be “new” to them) Is a Quick save and Quick load feature! If you are in a hurry, you press quick save and end the game, only to return and press quick load to get back to where you were. It’s like a 31st Save space. (This game has 30 Game save spaces!) I find that unique…

This is my review so far… (I think it’s a piece of crap … the review that is. But oh well… I tried.) I give this game three and a half out of five stars. If Incest and Dark Themes are you’re thing, this is the game for you. By far, it’s an above average Bishoujo game.

Regards,

Nicole Wagner: The Deadly Gambit

------------------
“Tanoshii-yo!!”

allright… thanks!!!

I still wait for receiving this game. =/

I actually thought it was a very good review. It hit on the major points without giving away the plot or endings and gave warnings on what should be watched for when playing the game, such as the meters.

That is interesting two about the 14 endings, that is more then I would have imagined, and also interesting about the Quick Save. I noticed that option in the Little My Maid Demo but am surprised to hear it is part of this game.

Thanks for the info NicoleWagner, good review.

What are Black Mail themes?

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
What are Black Mail themes?

to menace someone using something pretty compromising you learned 'bout him, forcing him/her to do what you want... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

I also thought it was a very excellent review, better than many that I have seen elsewhere… (no offense to anyone intended!!!). This will certainly be one of the 4 games that I’ll be picking up around October (this is when I tend to buy my games…)… Again, great job and thanks for the review.

Oh yeah, I did hear about that, but seems I don’t know it when I see it written. Thanks.

Are you sure the love and lewd status bar are the feelings of Yusuke towards her mother? Because in the game it seems it is exactly the oposite (the feelings of her mother towards Yusuke!!!)

quote:
Originally posted by fullbluff:
Are you sure the love and lewd status bar are the feelings of Yusuke towards her mother? Because in the game it seems it is exactly the oposite (the feelings of her mother towards Yusuke!!!)

Hmmm... actually, you may be right. Taht or it can go both ways! Feelings towards each other. It's very hard to tell!

Much Love,
Nicole Wagner: The Deadly Gambit