no sound/music in X-change

I had a similar problem with xchange 2. I once tried to download a feature from the second disk that would have given me a snippet of character voice when I started up the computer. Not only did that not work, but it wiped out all the sound, except the annoying music. I can’t recall exactly how I fixed that. I know I had to reset all of the computer’s setting from the control panel, but since I was just dinking around, I can’t tell you to do this or do that, but maybe someone reading this will. I have a question. Disk 2 offers the player to option of playing the original Japanese version of the game. Has anyone ever done this and it there any point to doing it. Won’t the screens be censored?

well, we don’t seem to be getting any help here. Try going to your computer’s control panel, look up the audio devices screen, and see if any of your volume settings have been altered. You might have to re-set a few things. Let me know if that works.

I presume you do have the disc in the drive. I remember that someone else had a similar problem about a year ago and a solution was posted.

i have no idea if this will help, and i have totally forgotten if xc1 runs MIDI or cd-da for background music, but if it runs off cd-da try turning off digital playback for your cdrom device.

assuming that you are running XP (i have no idea how vista works) go to device manager (via control panel or what not), find your cdrom drive, right click and go to properties, under the properties tab remove the check mark for the “enable digital cd blah blah blah”, then reboot your computer and let me know if that helps