Oh Text Hooker!

I saw this mentioned on another thread and it looked interesting, but I suspect that it will only work with certain varieties of games. Does anybody know the details of what it will work with and what it won’t?

Well, if it’s an old DOS game, you’re pretty much out of luck… also anything complicated like an RPG is probably going to use a lot of graphics-as-text that it won’t touch.

I know it works with Utawareru Mono, which is an RPG of sorts.

Right on. Thanks folks!

It doesn’t really work with soul link, but that’s the only game I tested it with.

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
It doesn't really work with soul link, but that's the only game I tested it with.

By the way:
How about one of your quicky reviews regarding Soul Link?
The Premium edition is still available at Himeya, so I started pondering...

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 02-07-2005).]

Hmm…well I guess I could do that. Just for you Uni I’ll post one up

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Hmm...well I guess I could do that. Just for you Uni I'll post one up [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Domo arigatou!
(And perhaps, you may ask Navel for a compensation for your efforts, because this raised the sales of Soul Link at least by one. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] )

could some1 tell me how to even get that program to work??? the guy didnt necessarily leave any understadable instructions behind

First, you’ll need a new .dll for Japanese-Engrish translation. The one it comes with doesn’t work anymore. Try a search for “jetrans_041223.dll”. That’s the one I have.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 03-03-2005).]

(Oh, is that why the thing doesn’t work anymore…)

Can you post that dll somewhere? A websearch isn’t turning up any hits.

Here’s a link to a page with instructions on how to use Oh! Text Hooker: http://home.cfl.rr.com/animemusouka/Air_OTH_Guide.html

@papillon: You’re right; a web search doesn’t turn up anything. The forum where I got it seems to be having technical difficulties. Give me your e-mail address and I’ll mail it to you as an attachment.

Sorry to be a ‘me too’, Dark_Shiki, but could I also grab a copy of that DLL?

samtaholoATyahooDOTcom

Ta muchly. I’m glad to hear that someone out there is keeping Oh! Text Hooker alive. =)

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
First, you'll need a new .dll for Japanese-Engrish translation.

Not even when u explain something you leave the funny comments behind, dont you?

On second thought, people that want the .dll can just e-mail me for it. See the V-mate Bypass thread for my e-mail address. I expect I might get a flood of requests for this, so this will be a limited-time offer.

BTW, I did find another .dll on another site. Unfortunately:

1) I’ve heard the .dll links to a translator program that isn’t as good.

and

2) It’s a pirate site, so I can’t post the link here anyway.

There’s word that people are working on a .dll for an even better translation program, and it wouldn’t even require an active Internet connection. Unfortunately, the translator retails for over $1000. Needless to say free distribution of such a program would be highly illegal…

quote:
Originally posted by The Unholy Avenger:
Not even when u explain something you leave the funny comments behind, dont you?

Is there a problem with that…?

Did i said that i haad a problem with that?
No, i didn’t…

Just checking…there seem to be a lot of unspoken grudges floating around lately…

So, you are just trying to aboid them, dont you? :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, don’t worry about it, for me at least. Since the thing I’m working on at the moment I’m hexediting, it’s actually more useful to just dump out the raw japanese and translate it myself (having the raw japanese in cut-and-paste form means being able to look up the shift-JIS codes as well as translate it!)

I’d originally thought OTH didn’t work with that program since the window kept coming up blank, but once you said the dll was broken I just turned off translation and now it’s being very handy for me.

quote:
Originally posted by The Unholy Avenger:
So, you are just trying to aboid them, dont you? :P

"Aboid" not being a word I'm familiar with, I'm afraid this entire sentence is largely incomprehensible. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]