Olympic Loli's are Illegal

Heh… Is she really 16? :stuck_out_tongue:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/o … ml?cnn=yes

You loli people are all going to hell! :wink:

LOL, I got confused when the article started referring to the female gymnast (He Kexin) as ‘He’. It’s almost as bad as the continual uses of ‘You’ in Ever 17. =)

Heh. That was kind of funny (the use of ‘He’). I doubt they’ll do anything about this, so Narg, it’s only illegal if you they can’t fudge the age.

I’m not sure how many of you in the US are watching the NBC broadcasts of the Olympics, but former US and Romanian coach BÈla K·rolyi held back nothing about this during a live broadcast where he was commenting on the competition. For more about what he has said, look here. Probably one of the best arguments regarding this is this quote:

Add to this some of the other facts that have come to light regarding the opening ceremony, such as the girl shown singing a song actually lip-syncing because the Chinese government thought the real girl singing wasn’t pretty enough because of her teeth, and the fireworks shown being digitally enhanced for broadcast (supposedly because of the haze in Beijing :roll: ). I would be surprised if this is this is the full extent of the scandals the Chinese government is involved in at these Olympic games.

I lol too.
When reading this article I was wondering why “He” was wearing a girl’s outfit. :lol:

As for what I think of this issue… i don’t trust the chinese gov, so it wouldn’t be surprising.
I wonder if the people in China realize what’s happening in their country…
Probably not. maybe it’s like that everywhere and you never see it when it happens in your own country.

i dont think forging documents is good but ive always hated the idea of an age limit on the olympics . i mean age is at best ageneral measure of competitive ability.

Huh? The age limits are to prevent young children from being taken advantage of, essentially, and injured because their parents/trainers/coaches run them into the ground. Plus, to really compete at the Olympic level, you basically have to train as a full-time job, and children are supposed to be in school. Child actors can do it, because acting doesn’t require hundreds or thousands of hours’ practice to get good.

I don’t know about the controversy regarding the age of their gymnasts, but I read that the scandal regarding the lip-syncing has been making its way around the Chinese blogosphere.

That kid can’t be 16.

Reminds me of the Law and Order: Justice is Served game where the mother and Ukrainian embassy forged the daughter’s birth records so she could compete for better cash rewards.

It’s hell on the child, for social development, stress levels, and the overall pressure to succeed.

Apropos of absolutely nothing (well, maybe a certain meme), every time I see this thread’s subject, I keep thinking it should read ‘Olympic lolis are Olympic’. I have no idea why.