Onee-san type or vampire related games?

Bah. People in this board should have more love for ren’ai games (though I may be the only ren’ai gamer regular here…).
As a reaction to the push of such dark games, I shall push “Toraha”, which DVD edition is probably the best deal you can make as far as erogames are concerned since you get five games (three + 2 omake) for the price of a normal one, and each being excellent games, full of many different type of characters (ghost, half-vampire/half-werewolf, childhood friend, ninja girl, Chinese assassin, sword spirit, exorcist, catgirl, ESPer, robot girl, vampire, singer, martial artists, younger sister and more) and stories (from supernatural to fight against criminal organization to school love to martial arts to… more). And protagonists quite unique in the world of ren’ai protagonists.

While I agree with you about the DVD-collection being truly a bargain and Toraha itself being just great, I wonder which of the extras did you forget when you mentioned only five contained games here:

[list][]Love toybox (Toraha2)[/][]Lyrical Toybox (Toraha3)[/][]DVD-Omake[/][/list]

[b]

I’m at least 80% Renai gamer too, Olf. We’re in the same Yahoo Group, remember? :wink:

But unfortunately, i still need to play any TRIANGLE HEART game. I will try to buy the DVD pack at Himeya’s someday.

I like renai too. But I also like vampire girls and non-subservient female protagonists about as much as Nargakhan is famous for his twincest obsession. Those are much easier to find in the more darker themed ones.

I actually heard that the Triangle Heart series features vampire girls in them but I’m not sure which ones and in which of the 3 games. Perhaps you guys know? It’ would be nice to experience this in a lighter atmosphere.

Ren’ai games are fine, especially with twins.

Though I do prefer dark occultish games…

And i think i’m in that group as well…

[ 10-25-2007, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Jinnai ]

Hmmm, lighter? Well at least not brutish in the sexual department, but I wouldn’t call those storylines “pure comedy” either!

As for the real question:
The first vampire girl shows up already in part 1 - though she is more than just a vampire.
In part 3, another vampire shows up - and the girl from part 1 has a cameo-appearance too.

Besides that, the more-than-just-vampire-girl from part1 also appears again in the “Love toybox” (in which both casts of Toraha 1 and 2 act together).
But then, the “toyboxes” as well as the DVD-omake are crossover-sections after all.

However, while there is no vampire-girl in Toraha2, I still encourage going for that part too! Chika, Kaoru and …
… SEENA! heart heart heart heart

[ 10-25-2007, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Unicorn ]

Yes but what are their names? Are they obtainable?

Telling you who they are would be a plot-spoiler because it is part of their scenarios to discover what they are.

If you really insist, I tell you the answer here, encoded in ROT13:
**** ROT13-area ***
Gbenun1: Fnxhen
Gbenun3: Fuvaboh
**** End of ROT13-area ***

Both girls can become the girlfriend of the player’s character in their respective games. The same goes for all (and more than) the awesome characters in Toraha2 that I listed before… :wink:

Now, now, the DVD-Omake weren’t released as a full game before, so I wouldn’t say they were really one.

You’re forgiven at 80% then! :wink:

It’s a good part of what makes the Toraha series so enjoyable and wonderful, indeed: how all the games are tied to form something bigger (FYI, they all happen in the same world and share strong bonds: characters of the different games being acquainted together).

Indeed!
SEENA! SEENA! SEENA! SEENA! \o/

For the record, I wrote reviews about each and every official Toraha product or so (save the novels) in the RAML (I’m a slight Toraha fan).

[ 10-26-2007, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol ]

I wonder if there will be any hope of Death Meta being translated some day.

Dunno. It’s all depends of the mighty Payne-sama. :stuck_out_tongue: Try to pray to our bishojo game goddess for now.

By the way. I found a review to the game Draculius here. Give a look if you are interested. But be warned it might countain heavy spoilers.

[ 10-29-2007, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Peter Gilis ]

Hmmm… the review includes a few spoilers, but nothing major. I don’t quite agree with him however. Don’t get me wrong, Draculius is a great eroge - more over if you’re into vampires - but I get the idea that the reviewer has yet to play MinDeaD or Izayoi. Especially since he claims Draculius looks low budget - for an eroge it has damn good production value.

Draculius is honestly like a cross between MinDeaD and Izayoi with how it’s plot is executed. The combination is great, but its rather watered down as a result. One has far more combat and action… the other is more intensive with the whole finding a vampire bride deal. I’d also like to note that the audio work in Draculius could have been better. It’s not in the same caliber as the other two I’ve just mentioned. However don’t let this mean that I dislike Draculius: I love it and totally recommend it for pickup.

Just kinda playing the devil’s advocate here, and pointing out some weaknesses. Damn… I really need to get my eroge review site online… :stuck_out_tongue:

Is there a pairing for the Draculius True End?

Also, while I hate to deviate from the vampires topic, are there any more games like Tsuyokiss? Tsuyokiss is just plain awesome, every single girl in the game is some variation of the Tsundere concept. Naturally, Nagomi is one of my favorites. I never could’ve imagined there was a game like Tsuyokiss out, it’s made of pure win.

I’d say some of my friends who played it think that the girls aren’t really tsundere as much as they’re just strong-willed girls.
But then, nowadays, “tsundere” is used in such a broad meaning and to apply to so many cases it doesn’t mean much any longer (a bit like “moe”, in fact).

[ 10-29-2007, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol ]

Confess! You want to see Kani show to you the finger again, don’t you? :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides the Anime version and the PS2 version, you can check KIMIKISS, a TSUYOKISS Fandisk featuring HScenarios with the original character created to the PS2 game version and the crossover between the characters from both - TSUYOKISS and NEE, CHANTO SHIYO YO! 1 & 2 - games. And the original maker CANDYSOFT will be releasing a sequel, TSUYOKISS 2, soon.

As for another game like TSUYOKISS, try COOL! (more info here). Aparently, that’s an all-tsundere game just like TSUYOKISS.

There’s THEY’RE MY NOBLE MASTERS too. It’s not from the same company, but it looks to be from the same artist. And this game has a big fame too. I was told they will be releasing a PS2 game version and an anime version sometime around the first quarter of 2008, just like TSUYOKISS.

[ 10-29-2007, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Peter Gilis ]

Not quite sure what you mean here. Are you asking if the True End results in the guy winning a girl - then yea… in a manner of speaking. Draculius isn’t all that original with the “official ending” to be honest. Take out all the “xxx” in the italic word that follows for the spoiler: xxxhaxxxrxxxemxxx

Heh… well for me, tsundere always had a different meaning. We dark side gamers have our own standards. :smiley:

Meh… never matters. They all call us Master eventually. :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 10-29-2007, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Is there a walkthrough out for mindead blood by chance? I looked into how the game is played, it seems you play as Mana&Mayu as well as Shizuru and put them in different locations on the island. So I was wondering if perhaps theres a walkthrough for this.

Try this link. You can find many walkthroughs here.

Well, thanks guys, a lot of these are good. I’ve got my sights set particularly on Chu x Chu, Mindead Blood and Tsuyokiss. As for Draculius, while undoubtedly the plot might be attractive, the amount of control the game offers the player is largely minimal at best (there’s a lack of paths). So I’m going to hold off on that. It’s quite tiring to read the Japanese compared to hearing it when I played shcool days. But I’m managing, thanks to my fancy electronic dictionary that I make heavy use of.