Opening movies subbed?

I was just wondering,
by why does PP not sub the openings and instead provides the subs separate on the website instead?

Do you not want to ‘wreck’ the opening movies, or aren’t you allowed to sub them perhaps?
Just something iv been wondering about for a while.

Mangagamer didn’t do it with Hinatabokko either so I’m led to believe theirs a reason behind it…

I’v seen it done for the trailers before;
The PW trailer was subbed on the Snow Sakura disc.
The Yin-Yang trailer was edited to have translations of the Japanese text on screen, but not an actual translation of the song.

Any reasons for this?

Subbing OP movie is the way fan-translation groups do, i rarely heard of professionals would do so, even in animes.

The Family Project OP was also officially subbed (with the original Japanese, romaji version and English translation). AceRisque subbed a few PP movies on YouTube as well, but his channel seems to have been removed :(.

Yeah i used to follow that
his/her accounts been suspended unfortunetly :frowning:

I’m just waiting to hear official word on it, since i’v been wondering for a while.

Almost all (or even all) modern anime retail releases have subbed OP and ED. It usually alternates one episode with an English translation and the next romaji due to DVD limitations.

http://www.youtube.com/user/elloisoul

This is the new incarnation of AceRisque :smiley: . However I don’t know if all the old movies will be reuploaded, for this reason: