Peach Princess / G-Collections & Virtual Mate

quote:
Originally posted by Ecchifan:
If you don't mind my being frank here, I'm shocked that you would waste valuable hotel time to bother with this bbs and make a long post. I guess I would set my priorities differently if I was in your shoes. lol
I've been to Lima before, and after the gold and archaelogical museums, there's not a lot to do. The city is perpetually shrouded in clouds and there are police in riot gear on every corner [current president is not too popular]. Lima's kind of a depressing place - not like Cusco or Arequipa. Besides, I had to wait for a call back from a friend, so I was pretty much stuck in my room. I'm back in California now. Last night's posting was the result of insomnia on account of the time change.

I had just returned from a South Pacific cruise and been cut off from the Internet for a while. We were outside the ship's satellite profile. Even when they made occasional contact, there was no way to plug my laptop into the Internet. Luckily, I'd brought along my copy of Heart de Roommate - one of GC's last go-anywhere, play-anywhere games. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

quote:
I interpret those comments differently than you. If GC is no longer able to pay for Interlex' VM services, then PCR (the distributor) would be sitting with copies of 5 VM linked GC products that cannot be activated and therefore unplayable products.
Normally a reseller doesn't assume responsibility for third party products. If PP had said, it's out of our hands - you'll have to take it up with the manufacturer, it would be understandable. Like when they ran out of Hello Kitty vibrators. Sorry, there's nothing we can do.

quote:
So there is incentive to deal with the VM issue---by either taking over the Interlex service contract or having the disabling VM patches released ASAP. Both would be done with GC's permission (which shouldn't be an issue because otherwise the distributor will simply return the unplayable merchandise back to GC for a full refund). Based on this scenario, the companies are still acting independently.
GC hasn't said anything officially about going out of business, and I don't see them handing over the keys to the store at this point. There's obviously more to the story, though. We'll have to wait and see if PP provides more details.

[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 04-22-2005).]

you want hello kitty massagers? i got 2 here unused that i took from a jlist con

ill sell it to u if u pay good money :stuck_out_tongue:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Dragon:
Ok, so if GC is out of business. How am I going to get Figure of Happiness that I ordered from them? Because I've been waiting for two weeks now and I kind of want to play this game.

By the way, what is going to happen to the prizes that were being offered at GC, because I was hoping to save up enough coins so I could get the items.

Try contact Peter-san.
quote:
Originally posted by Computermania:

Try contact Peter-san.

What's his e-mail address?

[This message has been edited by Soul Dragon (edited 04-22-2005).]

I have been staying out of this for a long time for many reasons including time to read but not respond.

This is interesting news but I agree with a lot of the points perigee made on the first page of this thread. In fact he pointed out alot of the implications and Darkling pointed out the possible inconsistancies I was going to ask about but instead will just second their questions.

I also agree with DragonLord, and must ask how that one small post says if G-Collections is doing well since more information was also promised at that time.

My main concern is the same as others who are either wondering if they should order from G-Collections or have ordered, and it would be nice to know their current status in terms of being late with orders or sending out orders at all at present.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Dragon:
What's his e-mail address?

From the BBS find Peter HN and click his profile you will find his e-mail address.

Thank you. ^^

I for one am rather curious about the patch/reprint issue. Granted i only bought Meow Meow once Vmate came around, but i’d be willing to plunk down another 40 bucks or thereabouts for a Vmate-less copy. I realize that this is unlikely and we’ll probably have to just make due with patches, still it would be nice.

quote:
Originally posted by CapnWeasel:
I for one am rather curious about the patch/reprint issue. Granted i only bought Meow Meow once Vmate came around, but i'd be willing to plunk down another 40 bucks or thereabouts for a Vmate-less copy. I realize that this is unlikely and we'll probably have to just make due with patches, still it would be nice.

Purely from a business perspective, I don't see why a VM-less reprint would be offered for the 5 VM linked games. If the distributor still has unsold inventory of these games, then that inventory would be rendered obsolete once a VM-less reprint is made available.

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
Umm like G-Collections coins? :wink:

*looks at his stack of coins* yeah, what can we exchange them for? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

I never had a problem with V-Mate and while I didn’t particularly enjoy it I understood it as a necessary evil. Although I’m really really Glad the patches are coming out soon.

I have no problem at all with V-mate…If I had problem reinstall 3X and that is it…

I stated flat out on the GC board that I would not buy any VM games and I have not. I have been lurking on this board since GC went silent on the matter. I am curious as to the fate of GC. I really like their games because they are simple to understand and play. It was more like reading a story than having to figure out game strategy. I will be buying the VM games now that a patch will definitely be available.

------------------
…and remember, intelligence is not cumulative.

@Perigree:

YOU HAD TO COME A LITTLE MORE TO THE SOUTH!
let’s say, Buenos Aires? Capital Federal?
BTW: I’m looking for people who could help me because on end of year (Second half of december) i’m going to Portugal and i don’t really know that much about the prices and the whole thing i gotta know about it…
(i intend to travel trough europe till my money runs out. :S )

Why is this tread even open or “not deleted” ?
It was meant to announce that they weren’t going to use VM and some other things, now it has become a whole new tread of disscution over VM… Shouldn’t you stop talking about something that, for now, isn’t going to be used?

i told people to stop the meaningless fights over vmate…but since i dont see any fighting at all i will let it go

as for what’s gonna happen with gc, i have no idea although i trust what peter says about it

as for if there will be reprints of vmate-less versions of gc games, how do i know? i dont even work for gc

Sorry, been lurking for a little while and wanted to point out that the reason the thread should remain open is because no answers have as of yet been forthcoming as to the fate of GC.

But yes, bottom line - V-Mate sucks/sucked, but no/a crippled G-Collections sucks worse. I admit, I was once a pirate like many of those sorry fucks who have never purchased a B-game in their life despite having the means to do so easily. But when it became apparent just how badly the industry was doing, it took little time at all for my tune to change, and now I buy my games. I admit, I wasn’t particularly happy in buying V-Mate games, but I did, and now that the patches are coming out, I am very happy.

Small note: If GC could license Safedisc 2 and Virtual-Mate, can they not license TAGES or another difficult protection? TAGES is very irritating and picky to copy, as far as I know, and very difficult to write a crack for.

my Intrest also resides in the fate of G-C would be nice to know if they are going to keep up what they have been doing or if this pretty much… killed em

quote:
Originally posted by Meech:
I really like their games because they are simple to understand and play. It was more like reading a story than having to figure out game strategy.

Welcome to our BBS! It's always amazing how many people read the posts here but never make any posts. And, yes, what you are saying is true. I think this is part of the marketing problem for these games. They are marketed as "dating simulation games" but they really aren't, except for Casual Romance Club, and that's a Japanese import game. I usually tell people to think of these games as something along the lines of erotic novels, but with the added elements such as CGs, music, voiced scripts, and multiple endings.

Yes sadly they have not done any in quite some time. True Love was i believe the last one before that.

That was why i was willing to shell out the $72 when CRC came out.