Peach Princess / Will Games Problem

Any games I have loaded that list both Peach Princess and Will will load and bring up the game start page but when I try to run the game I get black screen that defaults to my task bar. Other games will run after I go to my Task Manager and double click the game (which is running). Is there a setup problem?

which titles in particular?

Little My Maid, Criitical Point, and Gibo, Stepmother’s Sin. All have the same problem.

what do you mean by it “defaults” to your task bar?

i mean, if you have to, for all your “other games”, go to your task manager to double click on the game just to get it back on the screen, then it seems that there is something wrong with your PC setup more than the game itself…

I mean after the blank screen has been on for a few seconds (10-20 seconds) the program minimizes to the task bar.

Sometimes the other Peach Princess games will run fine and sometimes they will do the same thing. But when I open task manager and double click the program there it runs fine.

I am not sure what (setup) could be the problem. Don’t want to upset other games I have that run fine.(These other games are non-dating Sims).

see the thing is that none of these games, or any game for that matter, should minimize by itself

i am not trying to throw the ball back at you but i am more inclined to believe that there is something fishy about your system. do you have any non-typical programs running in the background all the time or something?

On that note, when was the last time you virus-scanned and spyware-scanned the machine?

Virus and spyware scanned weekly. Last time was last Sunday.

I appreciate your help but I am at a loss as to what to look for??

[ 09-08-2007, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Nukie2007 ]

Try changing the screen resolution for the game worked when I had that problem with Kango Shicyauzo can’t run it in window mode though.

If its vista go to the exe file right click, go to properties, then compatibility check the run in 640 x 480 box and also the run in xp service pack 2 box.

Some applications can bounce you out of the game screen and back to windows. I’ve had that very problem myself in the past.

Usually, I found the cause to be a security program (anti-virus or anti-malware program), automatic updater, or automatic speed launcher. Temporarily suspending my security apps (when they were the ones bouncing me back), or stopping the updaters or speed launchers would take care of the issue.

I’d suggest going through your system and shutting down any extraneous tools listed in your tool tray and stopping your automatic updates that are running on your system until you discover if any of those are what is causing your system to bounce back to desktop. I don’t know your system, so I cannot promise you that it would work, but it seems worth a try.

[ 11-23-2007, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Darkstar ]

Face it like a man and reformat & reinstall WinXP. IMO, Vista sucks~[color=#FFFFFF]my balls[/color]

Ive had black screens before, but that was only a minor game issue(reinstalled)
And, normally, these games NEVER minimize themselves automatically. Although there are some games that are designed to hide themselves (i.e., DEFCON: Total Anhilation [For people who love nuking their bosses who are playing from Africa or Russia in the comfort of their office, and hide it to system tray when the VP angrily comes around screaming “THAT WAS A @!#$% IMBA strat…” looking for who wiped him out with nuke subs. Well, of course it was you, but…])

…these games don’t. Well, it’d be neat if they CAN minimize to the system tray too…lol

So it goes without saying that your OS is messed up.