People posting with real names

@Nicholas Graham

"Your names in the "Address Book" for billing are not the same as your account name. You only have to change your account name. When you add a new game to your account it counts as an update, which would trigger the the forums to re-check your account name."

If that is supposed to be the "account name" why on earth are the fields listed as "first name" & "last name". It makes no sense and it needs to change.

"It makes no sense and it needs to change."

You were supposed to put your real name there (probably so support would have a name to address you by, like when you call a customer support line by phone). That name was NOT supposed to overwrite your forum identity. That was a bug, and it'll be fixed.

I know, I changed mine away from my real name when i first posted here, and at that point noted that they should have a seperate datafield for account/forumname, as part of our account setup.

The problem is the overlapping use of data, that really should be seperated. If you follow Graham's link to change account name, you are met with datafields for First & last name (and email). That doesn't exactly make it obvious for users that this data is considered an account name.

Had there been an additional datafield for "account name", this bug of purchase information overwriting account information, would not have had this very unfortunate result.

The new forums (now in testing) should have everything separated, we've taken your feedback into account and hope that the upcoming update (more like more like replacement) will be much more user friendly and secure (and also fun).

@Tim

That is good to hear, and thank you for the information update.