Persona 3 Fes

I agree, some of the endings did leave you hanging. In particular,the Yukari and Mitsuru ones. They led me to believe there was more to it than just " friendship ". Perhaps, Raigan can shed some light on this topic?

Well there’s a new social link, but I don’t think the old ones have changed much. But with all the female social links the intent is that you’re dating them and the endings are supposed to imply an intimate relationship. That’s why if you get a girl to slink level 7 and then you get another girl that high the first girl gets really angry and the social link becomes reversed. It’s very strange how after the social link is maxed that they don’t seem to give a rats ass about you seeing other girls anymore. That’s excluding the events on Christmas and the event at the shrine, can’t remember what that’s called. So yeah, there’s supposed to be more to it than just friendship but they didn’t carry it far enough especially at the games conclusion which left me thinking: (You know if Yuko saw me doing this, she’d be awful pissed).

Probably budget & time constraints. In a console game it’s much harder to upgrade.

Sigh, yes that’s likely true. Nothing destroys potential faster than budget or schedule.

As for the soundtrack, if you liked it then I recommend locating (I think you can get it off amazon like everything else on the planet) the Burn My Dread ~ Reincarnation CD. It’s got some awesome extended versions of the original tracks as well as a couple of remixes. My personal favorite is the remake of The Battle for Everyones’ Souls (poorly translated as Battle Hymn of the Soul on the included soundtrack CD). The only disappointing thing is that I can’t seem to locate a full version of “Changing Seasons” which changes with the season appropriately enough.

I appreciate the information regarding the sound track. I personally liked Master of Shadow. In regards to the new social link, does it involve Aigis or Metis? Also, bummer with the old social links. I was hoping for some closure with some of the women especially… Ms. Toriumi !!! But that’s just me. :lol:

I read that you can kind of date Aigis now. I’m not sure if that’s true or not, it was said in a forum post elsewhere. They also implied you could get friendly with Elisabeth now… I certainly HOPE that’s true. Metis doesn’t appear until Episode Aigis, during which I THINK your main character is dead – based on the teaser trailer Atlus published. It certainly implied that he’s not around anymore for whatever reason. I don’t know if the social link scripts changed at all, I DO know that the way you do some of them does. Times and such for certain events are now different. This information is based on a walkthrough I was looking at to help with elisabeths absurd requests of doom, it had listings like “If playing Persona 3, you access the link on this date, if playing FES you access it on this date by doing this instead.” So there are definately some changes to the way it works, I just don’t know how extensive those changes are.

This and MGS Essential Collection are the next ones on my to-buy list. :smiley:

Well, it goes without saying, if you’re a fan of the original then this is a must have to own.

Now, I saw the trailer. VERY NICE!
Apparently, the protagenist dies and Aigis gains his ability to summon multiple personas it seems. By the way, regarding the walk through you mentioned. Did you get it from Gamespot. Because If you did, there is a link that talks about the sound track in detail. The person who put it up is a fan of the composer. Hopefully, it can help you locate " Changing Seasons ".

Between FES and Baroque, April should be a happy month indeed. Just finished watching all the video’s for FES, and probably ended up making myself impatient for release now.

Lol…well to some degree. Paying people to work usually gets more results than free labor and having a scedule does get people an incentive to meet a deadline.

However, not every company is flexible with their scedule and sadly, balance is the last thing most companies worry about, when it should be near the top (stability & compatability should still be #1).

Isn’t loyalty, and dedication, paramount with many of these companies in Japan.
I mean, many of us do not see the stress and anxiety that many of these workers go through.Just the" labor of love" that many of them put into it.
Then again, I could just be naive and judgemental based upon how the media portray these companies, or rather how these companies wish to be seen.

What does FES stand for?

Anybody?

Festival.

Well it’s like any job. You have deadlines to meet. A lot of them probably go in because they like to do it and probably many of them like their jobs overall, but not always. Loyalty to company has begun to erode somewhat in Japan, but not like the US and it’s mostly because of practices coming from the top.

I don’t think they are probably as bad as EA or Ubisoft which had ended their recoup times after major 11th-hour blitzes. Used to be after a heavy workload they would give those, mostly programmers and scripters, 2-3 weeks off. Now they get 0 days.

Hold the phone! Looks like everyone’s favorite PSX hacker Gemini has been quietly working on Persona 2: Innocent Sin. He claims all the plot-related text is translated and inserted and now comes the items, menus, dungeon text, etc. We MAY be able to play this one in english some day after all… MWAHAHAHAHA!

Anticipation, the wait. Oddly enough it reminds of that Carly Simon song.
Anyway,I’ve got too much free time on my hands, so I’m going to immerse myself into Oblivion until the FES release date, or until Baroque comes out which I have to admit does rouse my interest. Hmmm.

I’m still waiting for Tales of Phantasia PS1 in English…

Uh… why? It’s done… has been since Christmas… It’s not Cless’s translation, but here: http://zettaizero.wordpress.com/ Gemini did the hacking for this one, too. It works well even on my “The Best” version of ToP PSX.

I looked at it. I wasn’t quite up to the same quality that I’ve seen from some of the screenshots as Cless’s.

true enough. Throughhim’s work is a translation whereas Cless’s is a localization. There’s a surprising amount of difference between the two.