Persona 5 in development for real now

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/30/so … persona-5/

Great news! They have formed a committee to assemble a team to begin the process of developing a game!

… …

I already can’t wait. I’m such a Persona fanboy ¬¨_¬¨

Same here. Can’t wait to save the world and obtain a harem again, lol

That’s great news, as much as I enjoyed Catherine, I’ve been waiting what seems like forever for P5, so I’m happy to hear it’s official.

In other Persona news, I just happened to glimpse this little link as well on Siliconera, and all I can say is Huh?!?, but if it’s Arc System Works developing the fighting engine, do want…

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/31/fe … -mayonaka/

Saw that. Kind of took me by surprise, but then again not so much.

I have to wonder what console Atlus will choose for P5. It has released recent games on a variety of platforms…

• Devil Survivor 2 (DS)
  • Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS)
  • Persona 2 Innocent Sin remake (PSP)
  • Catherine (360/PS3)

…and the Persona 4 remake is slated for release on Vita.

I suspect that Atlus will want to release high budget games on more than one platform, especially platforms which have different levels of popularity in different regions. We can probably rule out consoles which are already fading fast, such as DS and PS2. Aside from that, who knows. It’s possible that the next Persona or major Megami Tensei game could end up on Windows or iOS…

P5 will most likely be developed for PS3 since Atlus did mention Catherine was also an experiment as to what kind of game they’d make for such an advanced platform.

Doubt it. The market share there for the type of system required to run a P5 game wouldn’t be there. Remakes of some of their older games like Megami Tensei could be viable, but not in an of themselves. Inspite how popular the Apple is, it still controls only a fraction of what any of the major consoles do and even less of what Windows and Android devices do. If they were looking outside of traditional consoles/handhelds, they’d likely be looking at phone apps and Android would be their likely pick because its used on so many phones. Apple also might very well deny them or require them to do some heavy-handed censoring.

Yeah. People are I think forgetting the bad old days when RPGs had to change “bar” to “cafe” and censor the dialog. Or when Castlevania had trouble using cross imagery in a game about fighting vampires. Apple is going to be very uncomfortable with a lot of stuff in the MegaTen series. I can’t see them approving Digital Devil Saga, for instance, a game in which you become more powerful by cannibalistically devouring the corpses of your enemies.

Apple is like the old Nintendo of America on steroids as far as what they’ll allow.