Petition On-Line to translate Princess Maker Series

I’ll sign it too. I’ve been a PM fan for years and now with PM5 being released shortly such petitions might help a little more. What I don’t understand is this…Would adding subtitles in English be such a big hassle? I mean…nowadays there are language selections in so many games, so why not in the PM series? What about fan patches? I mean, couldn’t Peach Princess make an offer to that company i Taiwan? Any chances?

None. PeaPri sells h-games only, and doesn’t get anywhere near enough sales to justify cutting themselves down further by releasing a game without h. Furthermore they could never afford Princess Maker’s licensing fees.

I think it’s more of a licensing on Gainax’s part. Peter had at one time mentioned he was going to look into it…let me see if i can find the post…

Here we go: Post in the PM series thread

[ 02-11-2007, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Jinnai ]

Hmmmmmm…well, there’s still hope until Gainax explicitly says “It’ll never happen.” But knowing myself I’ll still hope after that. Sighs Jinnai, that avvie is so cuuuuuuuuuuuuute!

cutting themselves down further by releasing a game without h

I think my experience neatly demonstrates that a proper Princess Maker translation sold OUTSIDE of the otaku fanbase would move a lot of copies. Whether it would move enough to cover the hefty license fee and translation/testing time, though, is unknown.

As long as it doesn’t cross into English, I get a monopoly! But if it DOES, I get to play it! So I win either way. :slight_smile:

Papillon, you made “Cute Knight”, didn’t you? I love that game. Me needs more! :wink:

Well…it could still be worth it if didn’t sell enough if it opened up a market that could make profits with future releases. With releases of games like The Sims this might have a chance…

[ 02-13-2007, 04:02 AM: Message edited by: Jinnai ]

Gotta agree with you, Jinnai! Lets hope that Gainax will see reason soon! :wink: