Pick Me, Honey!

Exactly. Hitomi isn’t necessarily my kind of game anyway, but it might just be good anyway - so VMate clinched that one (against, obviously). This one might get me to buy it in spite of VMate.

Might.

quote:
Originally posted by bishounen_blue:
VM may be a pain, but calling it a virus is a bit extreme. I haven't bought any VM games yet but it's only because there hasn't been anything that I really wanted. Hitomi is close and if I see it at Ohahocon I might buy it. But I'll get this one for sure. Looks excellent.

Hee, hee, I'll be at Ohayocon too. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Maybe we'll be able to spot each if we tape big signs to our heads saying Dark_Shiki and bishounen_blue. We probably wouldn't even look out of place amongst all the rampant cosplaying. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

This title does look interesting though. I didn't really like Private Nurse, but Heart de Roommate was alright, and this one seems to be a high school romance, minus the occasionally irritating juvenileness of Heart de Roommate.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 12-22-2004).]

Ohh that picture you posted looks awesome. Looks like another game I’m going to have to get. OH yeah I just got pick me honey. We’ll see if i have time to play it and give my impressions on it.

Ugh…

An Angelsmile game, so it’ll probably be loads better than G-Collections’ standard fare of mediocre games, and the art’s really nice as well… gaah.

V-Mate, I really hate you now. >_<

Well Pick me honey is pretty much your normal trabulance game. Lots of girls are after you and it’s funny and fluffy fare. This time there’s 3 girls vying to be your wife, and the other 2 become your mistresses Guess after all the dark games this is a nice change of pace for me. Now to see if I can finish this game before my order from himeya arrives…

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Well Pick me honey is pretty much your normal trabulance game.

* nods *
Exactly! So, I see no reason for buying that game in japanese (thanks to VMate) while I still already have Majokko Silk back at home waiting for being played...

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 12-23-2004).]

Jason4 since I happen to know you can pick up a DVD-rom drive for less than the cost of a single Bishoujo game you are probably best off to simply go buy a drive and put off buying the game a tad longer rather than worrying about it…

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Lord Zenigame:
Ugh...

An Angelsmile game, so it'll probably be loads better than G-Collections' standard fare of mediocre games, and the art's really nice as well... gaah.

V-Mate, I really hate you now. >_<

Hehehehe...
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Lord Zenigame:
Wow. This one looks really good.

If G-Collections was to bring it over, I'd probably break my personal boyott on V-mate to get it. ^_^;;

We have posted Pick Me, Honey on the Peach Princess site.

quote:
Well Pick me honey is pretty much your normal trabulance game. Lots of girls are after you and it's funny and fluffy fare. This time there's 3 girls vying to be your wife, and the other 2 become your mistresses [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Guess after all the dark games this is a nice change of pace for me. Now to see if I can finish this game before my order from himeya arrives...

So which are the ones who want to be your mistress? I'm guessing the secratery is one of them.

Actually it’s more like you have to pick one of the three girls to be your wife the other 2 become your mistresses Oh and the secretary teaches the women how to please men Now to figure out how to get the ditzy school teacher…

quote:
Actually it's more like you have to pick one of the three girls to be your wife the other 2 become your mistresses [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] Oh and the secretary teaches the women how to please men [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] Now to figure out how to get the ditzy school teacher...

I'm still confused here. There are five girls in total. You can marry one and keep two as mistresses, right?

Skyrocket, with the 3 main girls, you can marry any 1 of them and keep the other 2 as mistresses. They’re the 3 wife candidates. After you finish the 3 main girls’ paths, you can marry either of the 2 experienced older side characters that are just there to support the 3 wife candidates, the secretary as their sexual teacher and the homeroom teacher as the older sister of the childhood friend, and after you finish all 5 paths, you can marry all 5 at once in the harem route.

wanfu2k1, I don’t know about you, but I’m not feeling the love on this one. It’s gotta be the worst Trabulance game, and I’ve bought them all. For reference, I like I’m Gonna Serve You 4 best. In fact, this is one of the worst games I’ve bought period- out of the more than 2 dozen and counting. For the first time, it was actually a chore to finish all the girls’ paths. The childhood friend character was the only one with any interest. The others were just too boring to live or annoying as all get out.

SPOILERISH? (You find out all these facts early on in each girl’s path.)
Other than the childhood friend who hits the boy ALL the time, you have the adopted sister who daydreams about the boy ALL the time, the distant relative who for some reason thinks anal sex isn’t sex and wants to save herself for marriage only because she’s afraid of punishment from her grandmother who I don’t know how can find out, so she basically isn’t willing to do it unless the boy marries her, the homeroom teacher who’s totally out of it, and the secretary who has issues about her age.
End of SPOILERISH?

I normally enjoy the romantic no-plot games. And what was with the reusing of CGs out the wazoo? They normally do that a couple times, but this time was ridiculous. And the boy only passes out from a noseblood like 50 times, which is signified by a flash of the screen going all red. I also didn’t appreciate the fact that most the choices had the same dialogue but for 1 or 2 sentences. There really wasn’t a choice involved- you got the same scene and did the same thing no matter what. For those of you that have it already, what do you guys think?

[This message has been edited by dummygirl (edited 12-25-2004).]

Well unfortunately I got sidetracked, when my latest order from himeya came in and now LMM so after I finish up these games I’ll get back to pick me honey. And yeah it’s not the best game made but it was a nice change of pace from all the dark games GC was releasing.

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
Isn't Hitomi - My Stepsister a plot-heavy title? The difference is that it's dark, though.

I was actually pretty disappointed by Hitomi. It starts off sounding good and some of the music tracks are decent, but ultimately, I ended up disappointed. About three quarters of the way through it gets ridiculous, depraved orgy and your respect for the characters plummets.

The reasons behind the characters' behavior were just as ridiculous.
Parts of it made me sick.

SPOILERS

That scene where he left her tied up in the men's bathroom and then (possibly) came to her rescue was actually stupid enough to laugh at.

And the scene with Hitomi and the stepmother both was completely revolting.

But, maybe that's just me. I don't usually play the dark games and I picked this one out hoping I'd get something like Kana, with a reasonable plot outlining all the reasons for their bizarre relationship.

So if you like dark games, discount my opinion.

But...considering it's a V-mate game, I recommend passing on it, because unfortunately, you can't sell it again if you don't like it and you're out of thirty something dollars. (Like me)