Pick Me, Honey!

First off… release day 3 days from it… second off and i noticed this with their last 2 titles, and maybe its due to the v-mate system… im honestly worried that they will stop making game if they decide we cant handle the vmate system… and if that happens, its back to 2 games at tops a year by the various companies (this is just the cold truth).

G-collections has not posted any new titles they are persuing… and they might be waiting for the new year to do so, heck they may already have 2-3 on tab, but havnt mentioned it… and well… that can be seen as a bad thing in my eyes anyway.

Yeah, I was thinking about starting a thread about that.

Except for Sagara Family, they haven’t announced any new games yet. This gets me a bit worried…

I don’t interpret it as ominous. It’s hard for us to judge what effect VM has had on their sales, but I doubt that GC would go bankrupt due to the failure of a two-month trial. More likely, they’re pausing to evaluate and asking themselves do we want to continue with the present system, modify it or go back to the previous method?

The uproar caused by their previous news may have discouraged them from making additional announcements, including future game releases.

And they’ve been busybusybusy getting their online downloads set up.

Remember that, way back when, their one-game-per-month system was originally only supposed to last for a few games. It just worked well enough for them they kept it up. A bubble in their release schedule isn’t THAT bad.

And there isn’t any mention of Sagara Family on their website now anyway.

So I don’t think we have to worry until Sagara Family comes out and we STILL haven’t heard anything.

Just went to take a look at their homepage. Their ‘upcoming games’ list still includes Hitomi! It’s pretty obvious they just haven’t updated recently.

Which is kinda what i was talking about, GC has always had a game on the upcoming list… even if its not due for 2 months. just an observation on my part.

I’d optimistically consider it a good sign… that they want to take a little time to evaluate the results of their recent choices (downloads as well as vmate) before plunging ahead. And Christmas! Don’t know if these games are a common holiday purchase, but that can certainly bollix up people’s scheduling.

They may even do some more user surveys at some point when they ponder what direction they want to take next.

It’s more along the lines of timing our announcements for best sales effect. I’m not sure how much I can announce, without going over my bosses’s helmet. Well, maybe not so much over as around. (Anyone catch that movie referance?) That and plot some more.

[This message has been edited by Vaga42Bond (edited 12-18-2004).]

As long as they announce at least one D.O. game is in the works then the sales effect on me will be massive, whenever they decide to let us know.

quote:
Originally posted by Vaga42Bond:
(Anyone catch that movie referance?)

Ah-hah!
Well, if Mel Brooks turns out to be G-Col's president, then I have no reason for wondering anymore...

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Ah-hah!
Well, if Mel Brooks turns out to be G-Col's president, then I have no reason for wondering anymore...

He also doubled as Yogurt. Just plain Yogurt.

And...

*shakes the Magic Hate Ball*

I see...

*waves his Magic Xmas Baseball Bat*

"(Shiawase no Katachi)" by AngelSmile

Which is all I'm allowed to say. For now.

*evil eye glimmer*

Opening movie. Ah, a light game for a change. Too bad it may carry the VM virus.

At least you can play the trial version. Be sure to download the voice data file to the same folder.

[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 12-21-2004).]

What do you mean, for a change?

Minna De Nyan Nyan is light.
Hitomi - My Stepsister is not.
Pick Me, Honey! is light.

So I was right, this is the game:
http://www.cd-bros.co.jp/coolcrew/p_sk.html

I think it’s going to be something good, something story-heavy.

I just watched it, and it looks good!
Looking forward to it.

VM may be a pain, but calling it a virus is a bit extreme. I haven’t bought any VM games yet but it’s only because there hasn’t been anything that I really wanted. Hitomi is close and if I see it at Ohahocon I might buy it. But I’ll get this one for sure. Looks excellent.

Is it my imagination or is the trial version the full game, minus some graphics? I’ve been playing it over two hours now at full speed auto and have only seen one bad ending. I used all the save slots for decision points just trying to reach one of the good endings. If this is the “shortened” version, then the regular one must be immense. It plays nicely with OTH, too.

For anyone intersted (SCDawg’s name pops up in my mind), “Pick Me, Honey!” is now on sale, since hours ago.

… … I’ll have to wait and see on this one. I said that I wasn’t buying any VMate games unless they were the likes of Crescendo; AngelSmile makes nice and plot-heavy games. I guess I’ll have to just wait for the reviews.

Isn’t Hitomi - My Stepsister a plot-heavy title? The difference is that it’s dark, though.