Pirating

I know Peach Princess keeps an eye on eBay auctions illegally selling bishoujo games. And I think they’re doing a pretty good job at it. Some time ago I did some searches that would pop such a thing up, but didn’t find anything.

Now, is it possible for them to close (preferably sue) sites that offer the games for download? Because that would mean that I could report them.

They do close sites that offer games for download, I don’t think they sue them though. Sueing someone takes up a lot of time, effort, and money, for both sides. It’s not something that you want to do on a whim. For businesses such as these, it’s a worst case scenario, and a last chance tactic for offenders. So sueing people for a bootleg downloading site, rarely occurs.

------------------
精神 の 神

There is also something to be said for not wanting to make them enemies, those that have games for download. It you just work to get the site shut down or report them to a place like eBay you are not really harming them. Suing them on the other hand costs them a lot of money and time and is harming them, which might be good on some levels, but as a general rule don’t go out making enemies, especially in a fledgling area like this one.

I would think that sueing them would be the best option, because then Peach Princess could claim money to pay the loss they have gotten because of it.

I already found one site!
It offers Do You Like Horny Bunnies?, Paradise Heights 2, Immoral Study 2, and True Love! It’s probably just a glimpse of what they have, because it’s PAY SITE. shudders They have to p-p-pay to download it!

The thing about law suits is you rarely if ever truly make up the amount you spend in what you win. Yeah it happens but it is rare, and in the time you are spending the money in court you cannot spend it elsewhere like more game development.

On paper it might be the best but with the cost output in reality it seems to be only the best on paper.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 04-14-2004).]

You don’t sue people if you want money. People don’t have much money in general. If you want to sue and make it worth it you sue a bussiness.