Poll: Do V-mate Games Crash your System?

It’s pretty odd that some people experience lots of crashes while others have none whatsoever, as this most often rules out overall buggy programming. Maybe it’s caused by an unrelated piece of software or device driver. Brave Soul repeatedly crashing with SoundBlaster Live standard midi drivers comes to mind. Maybe there’s one or a couple of unrelated drivers or programs that is causing this to V-Mate games too?

Maybe specific brands of soundcards, mouse hardware (like Logitech), display devices (ATI/Nvidia/onboard/other), or something else entirely. Maybe setting the process priority for the V-Mate games lower in the Windows Task Manager can reduce crashes.

I’ve played a lot of games in my time, and looking at patch fix logs for some of the big titles, I’m often surprised at what miniscule things are able to cause crashes and instabilities. If G-Collections had the manpower to do it, they should probably try to get accurate system info from the people experiencing frequent crashes and see if there are similarities in the hardware and/or device drivers for them.

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 03-24-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by smog:
I think you mean gay mayte not v mate. Never bought a gay mate game before I believe in buying a real copy of my software.

... No gay bashing, please.

Hello!
I can report that i bought Pick me honey, and it works perfectly on my comp. I had to install new drivers for my graphic card, after that i think even Lets Meow Meow will work. so i can tell that in my case it was the graphic card who was the culprit for all my crashes. Not Virtual Mate.

I can now tell u that it was not V-Mate who crashed my system, it was the game Let’s Meow Meow because Pick me Honey don’t crash, i replaced the drivers for the graphic card but Let’s Meow Meow still crashes.

I only have two Hitomi and Pick me, Honey.

If I turn off the internet after running the it crashes while try to save, if it crashes. This happens about 70% of the time. If I leave my internet on, it doesn’t crash.

Q2) Intel P4 1.9G

Q3) My is consistently at 95% and higher. But this is by design, this is how I configure forground processors in full screen, in windowed mode it’s about 60% average.

PS: a quicker way to to the task manager is Shift+Ctrl+ESC. One less click. Works for Windows 2000 and newer.

quote:
Originally posted by Hogi Bear:
If I leave my internet on, it doesn't crash.

This comment has popped up multiple times now. Interesting...

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
This comment has popped up multiple times now. Interesting...

Strange thing is doesn't always happen, but most of the time. What is even more annonying is when I try to save a game or load a it crashes. (more so when saving since I have to redo everything before the save).

What is most interesting is when it does crash I get a windows error and if I establish my connection to start the game again it will not work. (I get the same windows error message.) I even tried killing the v-mate process and restarting but it will not start unless I restart the OS. This is most annonying since I never had to reboot my OS for almost anything ever since I got XP.

quote:
Originally posted by Hogi Bear:
Strange thing is doesn't always happen, but most of the time. What is even more annonying is when I try to save a game or load a it crashes. (more so when saving since I have to redo everything before the save).

What is most interesting is when it does crash I get a windows error and if I establish my connection to start the game again it will not work. (I get the same windows error message.) I even tried killing the v-mate process and restarting but it will not start unless I restart the OS. This is most annonying since I never had to reboot my OS for almost anything ever since I got XP.

Have you tried performing the bypass procedure before starting the game? That seems to have eased the crashing for some people.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
Have you tried performing the bypass procedure before starting the game? That seems to have eased the crashing for some people.

Actually I have and does improve things. But it still does crash during the saving part. If I don't save it's fine. If I don't use the "bypass" method it will crash most of the time when saving oppose to about about 50/50 of the time.

With the internet on. No crashes to date.

Well, whatever works for you then.

… that’s rather worrying though if it implies that the game behaves only if sending back spy data via the net… do you have any network monitoring software to see what it’s up to?

I still wonder what people think Interlex or G-Collections could actually USE this supposed spy-info for?

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
... that's rather worrying though if it implies that the game behaves only if sending back spy data via the net... do you have any network monitoring software to see what it's up to?

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and guess that they might be taking data to use in a survey. Sounds bad. I better not play anymore V-mate games. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
[quote] Originally posted by Hogi Bear:
[b] Strange thing is doesn't always happen, but most of the time. What is even more annonying is when I try to save a game or load a it crashes. (more so when saving since I have to redo everything before the save).

I went to play Lets Meow Meow again and the
game gave me 'error in program ...' every time I tried to start a new game. I had to re-install but my OS has been doing that alot lately. Once I reinstalled it seems to play well.
PS. I don't use any patches ... the real thing here ...

[This message has been edited by woodelf (edited 04-06-2005).][/b] [/quote]

You may switch full screen to window screen. I got crushes many times by full screen mode. I decided to switch from full screen to window screen. I had no problems with window screen mode.