Poll: Do V-mate Games Crash your System?

This topic, and the questions that follow, are addressed to anyone that owns one or more V-mate games:

One of my contacts has a theory that CPU overload is causing the crashes with the recent V-mate games. I’d like to ascertain if this is true overall. First, I’d like to determine how widespread these problems are (compared to people who have no problems), and then see if they have a common root. So, without further ado…

Q1) Do V-mate games crash your system? If so, which ones?

Q2) What’s the speed of your CPU?

Q3) When you play V-mate games, and you open the Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del), is the CPU usage consistently 90% or higher?

My answers to my own questions…

A1) I have Hitomi–I haven’t had any crashes.

A2) My CPU is a 3.0 GHz Pentium 4 (800MHz FSB).

A3) The CPU usage when I play Hitomi is about 50%.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-03-2005).]

I have Hitomi and Let’s Meow Meow.

A1) Hitomi has crashed on me about 3 times but was fine after that. Let’s Meow Meow crashed everytime I played the game.
A2) I have a Athlon 2800+ or about 2 Ghz.
A3) Didn’t check but everything did slowdown after turning on one of the games.

If you don’t mind, could you run one or both of those games and check the CPU usage? I’m trying to confirm the theory I outlined above, you see.

Nope no crashes here

I got a 2800+ amd

And I believe it was around the 50% cpu usage mark when I play these games which is unusual as these games shouldn’t tax the computer cpu at all.

No idea, i dont have any v-m game

Athlon XP 2800+ Barton fsb400
1024 ram Dual Channel
G-Force 6800

about 100% cpu usage on windows 2k pro AND win XP home

I have Let’s Meow Meow. It has never crashed.

I have a Centrino mobile processor 2.6Ghz

Usage fluctuates from 36% to 48%

I got few times crashes for playing Let’s Meow Meow!

I will get Hitomi soon. I will check it out.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
So, without further adieu...

Not adieu.
Ado.

Thanks. That’s what happens when you use words you’ve never seen on paper.

Hitomi.

Crashed on my XP system after I logged off the internet, while playing the game. Crashed every time I came near it after that, even while on an active internet connection.

Had no problems on my ME system with that or Let’s Meow Meow, but I kept an active internet connection the whole time.

FYI: XP CPU: 1.8 Ghz P4.
ME CPU 1.4 Ghz P4.

Lets Meow Meow sent my comp into endless bluescreens and unforseen crashes, i tried to keep my intenet conection on but it did not help. I even found a patch who said it would disable Virtual-Mate when i found it it got even worse. Don’t try it u will have to install the game again if u try to use it.
The game works for about 5 to 15 minutes then it crashes. i run Win Me on a fairly old comp.

Sorry i forgot
A1. I have only tried Lets Meow Meow.
A2. AMD Athlon 2000+ overclocked to 2400.
A3. about 60%

I assume you’re referring to the crack circulating the net? If that didn’t work, then V-mate probably isn’t causing the problems. You’re probably having incompatibility problems with the game itself. Just because it’s a simple ADV doesn’t mean it can’t crash with the best of those new-fangled 3-D murder simulators out there.

Edit: So your computer’s overclocked? And you’re complaining about system instability?

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 03-01-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
Edit: So your computer's overclocked? And you're complaining about system instability? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

A lot of computer litterates would also say "So your computer is running Windows ME? And you're complaining about system instability? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] ". Ever seen the OS-tan girls? ME-tan is a walking catastrophe.

It's been fairly well documented that Let's Meow Meow is doing more than its fair share of crashing for most people. Add that with overclocking and Win ME, and you have a nice recipe for a game experience from hell, crash-wise.

quote:
Originally posted by AG3:
A lot of computer litterates would also say "So your computer is running Windows ME? And you're complaining about system instability? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] ". Ever seen the OS-tan girls? ME-tan is a walking catastrophe.

OS-TAN! So Cuuttteeee!!!!!

I want those little figurines that you see every so often. Or that book of artwork from Futaba Society and Deja Vu. (Yes, I know they hate each other. Don't care.)

And back on topic. We have an in-office ME computer that we use to test the games on it. Being assigned to it is like being sent to the gulag. ("You're behind project by 500 pages! You know what that means!" "NO! NOT THE ME! ANYTHING BUT THAT!")

A1) None and I have Let’s Meow Meow,Hitomi, Pick Me Honey, and The Sagara Family

Q2) What’s the speed of your CPU?
A2)3.4 Ghz Pentium 4

Q3) When you play V-mate games, and you open the Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del), is the CPU usage consistently 90% or higher?
A3) Unknown

My answers to my own questions…

A1) I have Hitomi–I haven’t had any crashes.

A2) My CPU is a 3.0 GHz Pentium 4 (800MHz FSB).

A3) The CPU usage when I play Hitomi is about 50%.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-03-2005).][/B][/QUOTE]

Yes i run Win Me, it has always worked for me, and yes my comp is overclocked but it is running very well, it was only when i installed Lets Meow Meow and Virtual-Mate it started to crash. When i uninstalled Lets Meow Meow and Virtual-Mate my comp was back on track again. I am fairly often changing something inside my comp that is way i still run Win Me. And i also have a few old DOS bishjou games i someday will replay.

quote:

Hitomi is the first game I installed, and I'm not even halfway through it when I had my first incident of the game "crashing" itself. Not my system, but winxp said that there was a serious error blah blah and the game turned off. Sucks since I have to go online just to turn on the frickin game again.

quote:
Q2) What's the speed of your CPU?

PIII-1Ghz

quote:

It's at friggin 100%.

Played Hitomi and Pick Me Honey so far in the V-Mate games

No crashes, not one
AMD Athlon 64 2800+ (about 2.2ghz when not using 64-bit tech)
CPU usage between 30-50%

I think you mean gay mayte not v mate. Never bought a gay mate game before I believe in buying a real copy of my software.