¬Ö¬Ö¬Ö¬Ö./‘¬Ø/‘¬Ö’/‘¬Ø¬Ø`¬∑¬∏
¬Ö¬Ö¬Ö./’/¬Ö/¬Ö./¬Ö¬Ö./¬®¬Ø\
¬Ö¬Ö…(’(¬Ö’¬Ö’¬Ö. ¬Ø~/‘¬Ö’)
¬Ö¬Ö¬Ö\¬Ö¬Ö¬Ö¬Ö¬Ö…‘¬Ö…/
¬Ö¬Ö¬Ö."¬Ö\¬Ö¬Ö¬Ö. _.¬∑’
¬Ö¬Ö¬Ö¬Ö\¬Ö¬Ö¬Ö¬Ö…(
¬Ö¬Ö¬Ö¬Ö…\¬Ö¬Ö¬Ö¬Ö.\¬Ö

heh heh.

I put Other, really not going to affect my purchases.

Yeah it’s not so much the Lawyers, it’s the Jury you have to convince. My biggest Problem with the Handley case is, He was just collecting them, right? He wasn’t really interested in reading them, seeing as to how large his manga collection was. If he had actually read them, then he might have wised up, and stopped importing the questionable material.

Ronald Reagan allowed the largest increases in the Federal Budget in the entire history of the US government, even after adjusted for inflation. The governemnt was well on it’s way to bieng out of debt when he took office, with debt levels back to pre-WW2 levels, then he and the democratic legislative branch cut taxes wile increasing spending nearly 9%. Bush Sr. followed in his footsteps culminating in an invasion of Iraq and the vast expense that entailed.

Does that sound like a conservative republican?

Clinton and the republican legislators were able to make large cuts and balance the budget, but essentially destroyed our economy by drafting and signing into law the North American Free Trade Agreement. Thus allowing corporations to build factories outside the country (not just in NA), and outsource jobs, and thus the wealth of the consumer based economy slowly drained out of the country. Also giving China prefered trading partner status didn’t help a whole lot.

Does that sound like a liberal democrat?

Bush Jr. and his “war on terror” brought our debt back up to astronomical proportions not seen since WW2, and his “conservative” fiscal practices bankrupted just about everyone and every institution that uses U.S. Dollars or U.S. bonds as curency. Of course, all that money had to go somewhere. All one has to do is look at the profit margines of government contractors over that span to see what was going on. The fleecing of the flock continues.

You should see that the two party system is just a facade. They divide the issues straight down the middle in theory, but practice the same policy once they achieve power. What you have to ask your self is…Do I really want to vote for a person whos beliefs are always in doubt, because they will not run on their own merits and ability, but on the coffers of the party system, once again bieng paid to walk the party lines.

George Washington, a man who refused power and helped institute the two term limit, said it best…

…a prophet indeed. His entire farewell speach can be found here…

http://www.earlyamerica.com/earlyameric … /text.html

Some proof that they’re not going to stop me. :lol:

My stack of games from my trip to Japan:

There’s probably a loli in most of the games.

Hopefully you’re back where ever you live. In America it is now legal for the customs to check any bag and any laptop or search anyone they like without motive. They now do random searches at both customs and airports and it only takes one over zealous religious or moral nut to make you the new Handley.

I’m already back in the US. I flew to SFO, and there’s also probably fewer religious nuts in SF compared to a lot of the country.

Matters of “obscenity” are for the most part up to the State courts and jury, and it’s for that reason I’m quite glad to live in Massachusetts as opposed to, say, Alabama.

I imagine the sort of people who’re into lolicon naturally drift towards less culturally conservative states. Like seeks like. That’s how modern Akihabara was born.

The Protect Act is a federal law. The Handley case was prosecuted at the federal level, using an interstate commerce clause. Iowa, where it was prosecuted, is supposedly a fairly liberal area.

Where’s the twincest? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea… they screwed him through loop holes. The Protect Act accusations were thrown out as unconstitutional. Then the prosecution shifted gears from a case that question if someone could purchase and own obscenity in the privacy of their own home (which was discovered is allowed by the state of Iowa), to if someone can ship obscenity from state to state. So if a jury ruled the materials he owned were obscene, [b]he would have gone to jail over the stupid fact he used to the US Post Office to transport them[/b]…

So it wasn’t the fictional pedophilia, the purchase of indecency, or ownership of obscenity… but an ultra conservative law written in 1967 and passed in 1971. Nice work there Justice Department… you’ve truly made America more safe, battling a person who intended no harm to another person. How about prosecuting politicians who commit war crimes and approved torture? Oh that’s right… they’re not dangerous and it was all done in the name of Freedom. :roll:

I voted 2, but voting 5 probably would have made more sense. I don’t import, and I don’t think things shipped within the US to a US address are typically subject to random searches. Add to that it seems like getting caught with this stuff is pretty rare, and I’m not worried. And there were apparently lots of finer points to the Handley case (he pled guilty, apparently had tons of “obscene” material and/or some pretty hardcore stuff, all these different acts and laws), this thread has made me realize the case wasn’t as cut and dry as I believed before. Very interesting, must read up on it.

PS: Reikon, that is an awesome stack of games! jealousy! Can you read Japanese?

I’m sorry Narg, I don’t subscribe to your love of twins. I’m devoted to tsundere girls. :smiley:

I can get by enough to play the games. That doesn’t mean I can do well in real life. :lol:

And since the picture isn’t pretty low res and isn’t the greatest, here’s the list of games in order from top down (mostly first editions…):

Tapestry -you will meet yourself-
Symphonic Rain
Katahane
Canvas 2
Little Busters! Ecstasy
Cross Channel
Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo
Fortune Arterial
Primary ~Magical Trouble Scramble~
Flyable Heart
G-senjou no Maou
Baldr Sky Dive1
Narcissu 3 (on the right side)

But don’t you see…you can have them both!

Um, OTHER. If anything, I’m going to buy more of it to piss them off, and to obtain it while I can.

Kinda like how gun sales go up when a Democrat gets elected because of paranoia that they will be restricted.

Fu, fu, fu, fu… Nana and Nono then? :twisted:

I love twin stories myself, but mostly because the ‘twins’ parts of the story is often inherently sad/depressing.

Aster
Clover Heart’s
Doko he Iku no, ano hi
Nijuuei
Sekai no Subete
Suika
Symphonic Rain
Tsukihime

The main difference between the twin eroges I like and the twin eroges Narg likes is that in mine the twins never have anything approaching a threesome and half the time one of them dies or is dead at the start of the story.

Guys, please don’t bump this stupid legality thread if you’re going to talk about twincest–There’s already a thread for it here.

Me no like the sad twincest stories. Narg wants nothing but happiness for them. :frowning:

lol… someone needs a hug… :stuck_out_tongue:

Calm down dude. Everything goes off topic eventually… and then goes right back on topic when something significant happens. Having fun is part of the reason why people visit this place… it’s not all doom and gloom.

Besides… the thread wasn’t bump’ed because of twincest. It was bump’ed for legit reasons, and then [u]IMPROVED[/u] with twincest. There’s a distinct difference. :wink:

You know, I was really tempted to bump this thread by talking about the kind of Twincest that you introduced me to Narg, just to piss him off. :stuck_out_tongue: However, I figured it would probably be best to remain mature about it and just keep my mouth shut.

Pfft, maturity. Now, if only I could find a nice pic to post…

There you go again, trying to censor everyone. Man, what a hypocrite :slight_smile: