Preorders up for Nympho Sensei Ryouko

So on Twitter I see that Nympho Sensei Ryoko is up for preorder. It’s just this side of possible that it could ship before Christmas, if it’s already gone golden master.

It’s actually been up for pre-order since Spring so I wouldn’t hold my breath. That said, the wait shouldn’t be too long I hope since they’re finally talking about it again.

So far the pre-order is only for the physical edition so I’ll probably just wait for the digital version here on JAST.

Is that a fact? Didn’t realize that, I don’t shop at J-List much. I guess the difference now is the game is they said on Twitter it’s coming soon. It’s been awhile since Jast released an out-and-out nukige. I’m curious to see how it performs.

Posting an update to revive this thread – Peter Payne recently gave a nice update on the status of Nympo Sensei Ryoko on the J-List blog. Looks like this puppy is officially “golden master” at this point, so it shouldn’t be terribly long now. I think a March release is too optimistic at this point, but hopefully we’ll see a release in April or May. It will be nice to finally get this title into released status, as it’s been in the “announced” category for a crazy-long time.

https://jlist.com/blog/featured/nympho-sensei-ryoko-golden-master/

A couple of quick thoughts:

• One thing that I find a bit interesting about this game is that it looks like it’s primarily narrated by Ryoko herself, which is a bit of a departure from the traditional nukige where you have a largely unseen male character narrating and serving as the story’s “camera.” It will be interesting to see how it plays out from the lady-pervert’s perspective…
  • I hope if this does well, it might give an impetus to release Sweet Home a little faster. Just based on what I have seen, it looks like that one might be a bit sweeter / more “vanilla” / story-based, which is typically what I gravitate to. However, I have to admit a certain amount of ignorance about Sweet Home other than what I can see on its VNDB page, so I don’t know how accurate my impression is. Regardless, I like Code Pink’s unique art style and look forward to seeing that on both Ryoko and Sweet Home.
  • Finally… PSSST. JAST people. If a release is imminent, might want to put up a digital pre-order option on the web page. Just saying that it’s conspicuously absent, and a lot of people might prefer to order a title like this digitally. Just saying…

Anyway, forum folk, what are your thoughts on or expectations for this title?

So, it’s out and I’ve been playing for a while. It’s pretty good, but there are some bugs and translation mistakes/spelling errors. To be frank I’m a bit disappointed that even after a one year delay the finished product is still a bit messy. Hopefully Jast can correct them in a patch.

Examples:

• Various spelling errors in the ‘Help’ menu
  • On multiple occasions the word ‘sensei’ has been wrongly translated as ‘Miss Sumeragi’. E.g. during the ‘Save Eririn’ event a student keeps yelling “Miss Sumeragi” even though he’s obviously referring to Maki. Same thing when Hitomi talks to Maki about the pantie theft. There’s probably more but this is as far I’ve played.
  • The CGs for the ‘S Rank Sex’ scene seem to be missing from the game. There’s text and audio but the scene is just a black screen.

I’ll report back if I find more bugs.

I noticed the morning scene CGs differ from the ones ripped from the Japanese version. Changing parts of the images were partly combined. I don’t have the JP version but I assumed it shouldn’t be like this?

Mug was in both positions its in the JP CGs and Ryoko’s hands were doubled:

It was like this in CG mode as well.

Haha, uh-oh! Ryoko’s extra arm is showing. :slight_smile:

I’m… still kinda waiting on my copy. That isn’t something JAST can do anything about, since I ordered it from a third-party retailer, but I still wish said retailer would get a move on.

Well, typos and errors in translation is one thing, but when after one hscene it suddenly went into, from what I understand, completely different hscene and then that scene abruptly ends midway and sends you back to school, it really smells of complete mess of a job. It really kills any interest in playing it further.

Different issue, of quantity (zero) versus quality (unknown)…

It’s May 20th, the game has been out nearly a month, and I’m still waiting on my physical copy to ship. My order was through RightStuf, and I know you can’t speak specifically to their issue, but the game is marked “out of stock” on their website ever since its expected release date, so I doubt the issue is localized to my specific order.

Has there been a delay on the supply-side of getting the physical editions of the game to third-party retailers? If so, when do you expect to have that resolved? (If there hasn’t been a delay as far as you know, I guess I’ll get to bugging them…)

UPDATE: I did finally receive my physical copy last month and have been playing it a bit. This mofo is… uh… pretty intense. Starless is still trapped in my backlog right now, so I can’t say how it compares to this, but Ryoko definitely ranks up there in the raunchy factor so far.