Pricing?

Anyone think it’s strange that PP offers the other company titles for $44.50 and there own titles for $49.95?

i dont work in the sales department, but if you jump over to g-collections’ site, you will see that their games are also at the same 50-buck range. i guess it has to do with how business work in that u tend to lower the price for resellers

but that’s just my speculation, im not a businessman

Hmm…it seems to me that you should be able to sell a game you own the rights for cheaper than one you don’t.

Case 1: The company that owns the rights sells the game to the distributor for a profit, and the distributor sells the games to the consumer, also for a profit.

Case 2: But if the company that owns the rights sells directly to the consumer, then either that company is making an even greater profit, the price is lower, or both.

The only exception I could see is if the distributor can actually distribute the game more efficiently (i.e. more cost-effectively) than the original company. But in this particular case, that doesn’t make sense because PP is both a distributor and a rights owner.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 10-14-2004).]

i think it applies to the last case (the exception one)…i mean, stores like right stuf (i have no idea which other resellers are out there) have much more exposure to customers and i guess that’s what causes the lower price, but that’s just my guess

I’m not complaining of course…I’d most likely by any games from G-C from PP then from G-C via there website. Well whatever it seems like a sweet deal buying them here!

I’d also like to state that I’m not complaining.

quote:
i think it applies to the last case (the exception one)…i mean, stores like right stuf (i have no idea which other resellers are out there) have much more exposure to customers and i guess that’s what causes the lower price, but that’s just my guess

That logic applies for right stuf, but not for G-collections and Peach Princess. If Peach Princess can distribute G-collections games more efficiently than G-collections can (which is improbable, IMO) then the higher price for its own games must reflect either a larger profit margin or a greater cost of production for its own games than for G-collections games.

However, J-List (an affiliate of Peach Princess, if I’m not mistaken, or at least its online distributor) sells G-collections games for $50 as well. That would imply that the J-list/Peach Princess amalgam makes more money off of J-list sells of G-collections games than Peach Princess sells of said games.

However, one also has to consider that G-collections has the G-money promotion and J-list has its own promotions, while Peach Princess has no such “gimmicks.” It might even out in the end, but personally I’ll choose a lower base price over marketing gimmicks any day.

What is this about G-Money promotion? I’ve heard of it but have no idea what it is. And J-list %20 off 4+ items is an awesome promotion.

I think G-money accumulates according to how much you spend in U.S. dollars, i.e. you spend $50, you get 50G. You exchange G-money for “prizes” according to the chart on their website.

I don’t generally buy games in large bundles (and have no desire to start doing so), so J-list’s scheme isn’t very helpful for me.

You can also occasionally find a game deep-discounted at www.rightstuf.com

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
i dont work in the sales department, but if you jump over to g-collections' site, you will see that their games are also at the same 50-buck range. i guess it has to do with how business work in that u tend to lower the price for resellers

but that's just my speculation, im not a businessman

Well a more logical explanation could be that the retailers who buy many copies of the games would not want the producer to undercut them. That's why many producers of products will sell their products for retail prices only while a retailer will sell it for cheaper. Producers usually don't want to piss off retailers who buy quanties of their product, to try and sell a couple more copies to individuals.