Princess Maker 4 DS

Not to get anyone’s hopes up, but I’ve gotten news that Cyberfront’s DS edition of Princess Maker 4 has been “shopped” to US distributors in hopes of finding translation and release. Now this doesn’t mean it’s going to be released in the US ¬ñ lots of games get “shopped” by the makers, but without luck in finding someone on the other side of the pond to bite: yet there’s always hope if enough of a fanbase cries for it… Took two decades, but the US is getting a Sakura Taisen in 2009.

So here there ya go: bother Atlus or Natsume. :wink:

DS version of PM4 has more endings and scenarios, but due to space limitations drops all the voice acting for everyone except your daughter (i.e. only she talks). It’s very story driven, at the expense of removing the “adventure RPG mode” that’s found in other PM titles. However PM4 has proven to be the most successful of all PM titles thus so far (in no small part to Tenhiro Naoto being the artist).

You also forgot the touch screen feature (where you can touch your daughter in a number of places each ending in a different verbal reaction back) that was added (and yes I do have a copy of this game)

I thought against mentioning it, because I’m absolutely certain that feature would be removed from the English version. “Too pervy,” as someone put it. :o

Also if Natsume were to port the title, there’s no question that the “marry daddy” option would be removed (as they tend to be a bit puritan for certain things… twincest is okay though :stuck_out_tongue: ). PM4 lacked the “job at a strip club/drink bar” option other PM’s had (I believe at the request of Tenhiro), so there’s no need to worry about that getting censored out.

points DS’s Dokidoki Majo Shinpan! 1-2 :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah… good times… the twincest in Duo made Narg so happy. “Touch them to tell the difference between them.” Pure genius. 8)

SNK has officially gone on the record, that this series will NEVER see life outside Japan. :cry:

Incidently, Himeya Shop doesn’t think this game is too pervy for their work safe site. :o

Despite already having shelled out for the memorial box, I’d happily buy the DS version if it got a full English port… my own translation hack made the game playable on the PC but still annoying enough that I’ve only gotten a few endings.

I suspect the likelihood of translation may be affected by how much they think they can get for it… certainly there are a lot of cute Japanese games getting ports lately. Princess Debut was kinda boring and I’m probably never going to bother picking up all the boys, but I did at least play it through, which puts it above Imagine Figure Skater…

[quote]
If Atlus does it they might be able to keep it in as they are less prone to cut things out and not as shy about higher ratings for their items than Natsume.